VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

I'm still trying to catch up on the back issues of the podcast before I get to the current ones, but I would definitely be interested in hearing more about remixing. I probably know most of the basics, but I don't have much experience and would welcome any more tips from seasoned remixers.

I would say that FL's major limitations come into play when you start working in the orchestral world.

In terms of arrangement options, a bit. It sucks for seeing the notes of multiple instruments at once. You'd have to bring up multiple piano rolls. It also sucks, but is not entirely limited for samples. I would be inclined to make orchestral in a midi program then import it in to FL to bring out and customize the samples.

I'm still trying to catch up on the back issues of the podcast before I get to the current ones, but I would definitely be interested in hearing more about remixing. I probably know most of the basics, but I don't have much experience and would welcome any more tips from seasoned remixers.

Don't bother, that was my plan... it's just too much of a commitment all at once. Do both, listen to from maybe last week and the current ones, then, if you've got the bandwidth/space for it DownTHEMall. Took me maybe 25 minutes to get every mp3 on the site... over 1.2 GB.

I found the podcast two weeks ago, and iTunes would only let me download from episode 40 on, so that's all I have. I'm definitely not going all the way back to episode 1, at least not until I'm caught up with the current ones.

zaaahhh!!!

i've missed too many vgdj's here at staffing at this summer camp, i'm gettting withdrawl.

i miss Jill's soultry voice, heh heh

uh,oh... boss is coming and i'm supposed to be working, so goodbye for a while.

Jas out, peace out.

Ahem:

VGDJ EPISODE #048 HAS JUST NOW BEEN RELEASED ON WWW.VGDJ.NET! HOORAYYYY

We're a little behind on voting so far this month, so if you haven't yet, DO!

This show is a little shorter than usual (although it's actually almost 40 minutes anyway, once you include the SEVEN FREAKING MINUTES OF VOICEMAILS) because there were some real life complications this week. Seeeeee? See how dedicated we arrrre? Zircon can't be here tonight for the release, but I'm sure he's with us in spirit. <3

What was wrong with Walt Whitman?

(The eleventh commandment was thought to be the one Jesus made "love your neighbor as yourself")

That would have helped... :|

Please tell me this is not the 1st time you've been exposed to the Rejected cartoon, P & Z ("My spoon is too big!")

And to all of you who don't know, educate yoself, foo!

Sure guys, If I would have known that you were going to play my voicemail, I would have used my dorky voice :roll: .

Actually I was on some meds because I was sick(Antihistamines ROCK!), so that may explain it.

Harder drugs than that are required to explain it.

I'll actually attest to the power of antihystamines... they can do pretty weird stuff to the mind if they're strong enough... (i.e. Dryxoral, Benadryl, Zyrtec, etc.)

You know, I wasn't even gonna bother saving this week's stinger, 'cause it was kinda meh, but the little pixiegiggle at the end was all..cute-like and stuff. So now I have to.

IT'S THE LAW.

For the record, I'd say I've saved about half of the stingers up to this point, give or take a few.

Sure guys, If I would have known that you were going to play my voicemail, I would have used my dorky voice :roll: .

Actually I was on some meds because I was sick(Antihistamines ROCK!), so that may explain it.

Harder drugs than that are required to explain it.

I'll actually attest to the power of antihystamines... they can do pretty weird stuff to the mind if they're strong enough... (i.e. Dryxoral, Benadryl, Zyrtec, etc.)

Well, Antihistamines, plus pain pills, and decongestants together will make ya go into a world where you don't care your sick. :wink:
You know, I wasn't even gonna bother saving this week's stinger, 'cause it was kinda meh, but the little pixiegiggle at the end was all..cute-like and stuff. So now I have to.

IT'S THE LAW.

Hell yeah to that!