VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Whoa, episode 50 was LONG.

I'm just at the "last week's contest" segment thingy.

edit: and yeah, he definitely deserved to win. srsly.

But yeah, awesome episode so far.

Also, I must start watching CBC's weather every now and then...

where do I vote again? I keep asking but Cyan_Ide keeps linking me to the picard song....

You can't be serious. The link is ALL OVER THIS PAGE!

But in case you're too lazy to scroll up one post above you...

http://picard.ytmnd.com

What?! Where?! ARHH!!!! PICARD! *shakes fist*

pst, i'm not serious...

Where might we download a copy of this mystical "La-de-Da!" Solitare remix, since it sounded pretty sweet.

WTF?!?!?!?!? YOU PLAYED MY MIX ON VGDJ!?!

I win :D

BUT OH KNOES / HARK / OTHER CURSES!!

It seems that Drum missed my meet up D:

MGL Pre-EVO 2D Fighter Arcade Battle In Milpitas, CA on 8/4/06

P.S: Utah meetup? more like mormon meet up, am i rite?

D:

well, i just checked and your meetup was on page 3 of the forums, I generally only announce meetups on the first two pages.

So next time bump for vgdj :D

BUT THERE WERE ALREADY LIKE THREE MEETUPS I HAD NARROWLY MISSED ANYWAY WHICH IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS MY SEGMENT WOULD'VE BEEN LIKE AN HOUR LONG AUGAKDLFHL

Why doesn't The Wingless have his own VGM-themed Pee Wee's playhouse style TV show?

Midway should get on that shit.

Creative differences.

Even though Episode 50 has come and gone (and we're waist-deep in 51), I think mad props are in order for your two loveable hosts, Zircon and Pixie. Episode 50 took alot of time and energy (and some would contest, soul) in order to coordinate, record, and produce. So, give 'em your huzzahs and kudos. They deserve them.

some jillyg fo' yo' pants

jillyplain.png

I didn't realize how awesomely amazing this thing was until I listened today. I was hoping to listen to the podcast with Neil Gaiman. Wow this just blew me away. My only question is, what kind of microphones are you guys using? They sound like they are pretty good ones, or it could be just it's running through a really good mixer or both maybe. Just...wow...you guys are pretty awesome.

Edit: I voted for you guys by the way.

L.A.N. Party: Awesome! Thanks for the kind words... glad you enjoy the show. If you're new to the show, definitely try and grab some of our recent special episodes, such as the Video Game Live one and episode 50 (host reunion).

In regards to our mics, we actually don't use anything too expensive. Typically, pixietricks uses a Logitech USB headset and I use a Shure SM-58 running through a Behringer UB502 (very cheap mixer) going to my EMU 0404 sound card ($99). When we do live shows we usually use an SM58 and an SM57 instead, but the sound quality isn't quite as good because it's running through my laptop which has a terrible sound card.

L.A.N. Party: Awesome! Thanks for the kind words... glad you enjoy the show. If you're new to the show, definitely try and grab some of our recent special episodes, such as the Video Game Live one and episode 50 (host reunion).

In regards to our mics, we actually don't use anything too expensive. Typically, pixietricks uses a Logitech USB headset and I use a Shure SM-58 running through a Behringer UB502 (very cheap mixer) going to my EMU 0404 sound card ($99). When we do live shows we usually use an SM58 and an SM57 instead, but the sound quality isn't quite as good because it's running through my laptop which has a terrible sound card.

I'm listening to the reunion right now actually. I think it's pretty cool. I keep wondering if the former DJ Aurora is the one everyone kept refering to when I had changed my name to Aurora Borealis at one point.

I tend to use a logitech USB headset myself. It's the one that came with Karaoke Revolution. I find it amusing that I have found other uses for it though such as voice chat (which is something I really don't do, but I guess it's cool if I ever consider doing it). Those microphones are not bad, those are the rough and tough ones. They can at least give you decent sound which, from the sounds of it, they do their job well. It still sounds pretty good, which is what impressed me. I was expecting slightly lower quality, but this was a complete surprise. I am happy for this.

Lucreshia got cought in the VGDJ craze.

LIE! YOU LIE LIKE A RUG! :lol: You know not what you speak of! HUSH! :wink:

DJ Aurora?! Now, that's a new one to me... as far as I know, Aurora has always just been "Aurora" on OCR. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, I suppose it's also worth noting that from time to time we do some postprocessing stuff to make the sound a little better. For one thing, we always run some serious compression and limiting to smooth out the volume levels, and if there's any high amount of noise - electrical, mechanical, ambient, whatever - we use the noise removal tool in Audacity to clean that up. That was the case with Wingless' recording, for example, in episode 50. It had this low pitched rumble in the background, but with a little selective EQ and noise reduction we got rid of it completely.

DJ Aurora?! Now, that's a new one to me... as far as I know, Aurora has always just been "Aurora" on OCR. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, I suppose it's also worth noting that from time to time we do some postprocessing stuff to make the sound a little better. For one thing, we always run some serious compression and limiting to smooth out the volume levels, and if there's any high amount of noise - electrical, mechanical, ambient, whatever - we use the noise removal tool in Audacity to clean that up. That was the case with Wingless' recording, for example, in episode 50. It had this low pitched rumble in the background, but with a little selective EQ and noise reduction we got rid of it completely.

VGDJ is the official podcast for Overclocked ReMix presented by your hosts Aurora & Rayza.

Says that she was a host and because of the reunion I thought she may have DJed at some point. 8O I must have just embarrassed myself. Oai sorry my bad.

Yeah having little audio tools like that are pretty handy and nice.

Why doesn't The Wingless have his own VGM-themed Pee Wee's playhouse style TV show?

Midway should get on that shit.

Totally. :D

But how would it be interactive...?

And what? No "My Name is Nineko" during the Meetup Report??

I'll forgive you because in its place is S.S.H., but it would be a shame not to play it on a future show...

Edit: Kefka laugh ftw :lol:

Edit2: Nineko? You're organizing a meetup? Remember?

Already voted (twice).

Lookin' forward to 52.

I'm sad, though. Stupid Otacon is in Baltimore, and that's a hassel for someone out on the West Coast.

Still, I've gt a friend going, and Ive hassled him enough to go to the Panel if at all possible, so we'll see.

Is it just me or does pixietricks sound like she's on helium at the part around 10:30?

I was gonna say, at the part right before the Compo report, as well as and right after fat man meats magic turtle, Jill sounds....unusually squeeky.

Strange business, that.