VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

I keep hearing all this awesome music playing in the background, but I don't know where it comes from.

Mostly here

Yeah, I was just about to edit that post of mine :oops: .

I mean, more specifically list the songs used.

I haven't been having a good day posting so far =(

BACKGROUND MUSIC used in Episode 051, in the order in which it appeared:

Solitaire 'La-De-Da!' by V

Stunt Race FX 'Thin Glow' by analoq

'Race' by McVaffe

'Sabat' from the Makai Kingdom OST

'He's a Pirate' from the Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack

Guardian Legend 'Red Spiders' by Shnabubula

Donkey Kong Country 2 'From Within' by Darangen

Final Fantasy 7 'Chocarena' by Draggor

Gauntlet 'GAUNTLET!!' by Mustin, Nate Cloud

Castlevania Series 'Dracula-Demonic Castle' by S.S.H.

'Moonlight Sonata' demo song from the Superwave company

Tetris 'McVaffeQuasi Ultimix' by McVaffe

Secret of Mana 'Holy Night' by bLiNd

Megaman 6 'Master of Flame' by EvilHorde

Ducktales 'The Amazon Session' by Gux

Yeah, we include a list of the background music in all our shownotes at www.vgdj.net. Get with it! ^_~

By the way, the reason I sound a little squeaky in that one part is that when we were editing, it got ever-so-slightly time stretched in FL Studio! Hehehehe...

Oh...

duuuhhhh...

You know I did look, but I never actually found them til' now.

Thanks.

Also, ep.50 was amazing. You guys rock my world.

Is it just me or does pixietricks sound like she's on helium at the part around 10:30?

I was gonna say, at the part right before the Compo report, as well as and right after fat man meats magic turtle, Jill sounds....unusually squeeky.

Strange business, that.

I'll let you guys on in a little secret... when I was editing this one on my laptop, I think I must have accidentally moved the "pitch" knob next to one of pixie's recordings. Not by much, only a few %. But even when we were going over the show before releasing it, neither of us noticed. Whoops! :D

Is it just me or does pixietricks sound like she's on helium at the part around 10:30?

I was gonna say, at the part right before the Compo report, as well as and right after fat man meats magic turtle, Jill sounds....unusually squeeky.

Strange business, that.

I'll let you guys on in a little secret... when I was editing this one on my laptop, I think I must have accidentally moved the "pitch" knob next to one of pixie's recordings. Not by much, only a few %. But even when we were going over the show before releasing it, neither of us noticed. Whoops! :D

Tsk Tsk, zircon.

As a fellow audiophile I am ASHAMED of you. :(

:D

ey fellas (and fell...ettes?) - given the good reaction to the first installment of the Flow Basket, I think I'm going to start planning another one. What would you guys like to hear on there? I was thinking about describing how you can structure a ReMix so it's not too close to the original but not unrecognizable either, as well as perhaps selecting the right instruments for the job. More audio examples this time as I don't have to do a long introduction going through the basics ;)

BACKGROUND MUSIC used in Episode 051, in the order in which it appeared:

Solitaire 'La-De-Da!' by V_Gasm

Stunt Race FX 'Thin Glow' by analoq

'Race' by McVaffe

'Sabat' from the Makai Kingdom OST

'He's a Pirate' from the Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack

Guardian Legend 'Red Spiders' by Shnabubula

Donkey Kong Country 2 'From Within' by Darangen

Final Fantasy 7 'Chocarena' by Draggor

Gauntlet 'GAUNTLET!!' by Mustin, Nate Cloud

Castlevania Series 'Dracula-Demonic Castle' by S.S.H.

'Moonlight Sonata' demo song from the Superwave company

Tetris 'McVaffeQuasi Ultimix' by McVaffe

Secret of Mana 'Holy Night' by bLiNd

Megaman 6 'Master of Flame' by EvilHorde

Ducktales 'The Amazon Session' by Gux

I'm releasing it under the name of V_Gasm on OLR sometime soon

zircon, do you ever plan on hitting things like Finale at all?

I don't think so, for a few reasons. One is that I don't really intend to go into the specifics of any one program. Honestly, between resources on the web and instruction manuals, it's not too difficult to learn the ins and outs of a sequencer. Additionally, Finale is a notation program; not only do I not use those, but what more could I say about them? They let you write MIDI notes in traditional staff notation format, nothing too special there.

I haven't listened to ep.51 yet, but ep.50 rocked my socks. I've been listening to VGDJ since... like... episode 3 I think. It was my first podcast...

Sorry... getting a little choked up...

Thanks for the memories, guys. :cry:

I had heard a few of the first VGDJ's, but didn't really listen to it regularly until they released the Videogames Live one. I loved it so much that I totally got back into podcasts and VGDJ all over again.