VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

There's more than just audio problems. We've taken down the videos because a ton of technical things are going wrong with the .mp4 encoding. Sorry guys, you'll just have to sit tight. Please be patient. Kroze and I have been at this thing for the last 48 hours, literally.

Do you need any help? I've got a lot of experience with video conversion and all that crap.

Kindly refrain from distributing any of the messed up versions! :puppyeyes:

Um, pixie... zircon... shouldn't the videocast still be more like Episode 52v?

Nooooo, because we've put a ridiculous amount of time and effort into this thing, and it has some content (i.e. better live performance sound, and the trivia & prizes) that didn't make it to Episode 052... Plus an introduction by me, and voicemails/pictures/stinger at the end. Besides, just having the visual aspect alone is enough to make this a full out show. ^-^

So here's the scoop!

After three days of trying to work with MPEG-4, we have realized that it is an awful format when it comes to internet interaction. So we're going to reencode the video to .mov, which is a format that iTunes should recognize in our feed. Unfortunately, the movie won't be playable on your iPod unless you convert it yourself. But that's a small price to pay, considering most of our listeners simply grab the show off the site or on iTunes.

If all goes well, it should be out sometime today! Sorry about the wait. ;_;

Unfortunately, the movie won't be playable on your iPod unless you convert it yourself. But that's a small price to pay, considering most of our listeners simply grab the show off the site or on iTunes.

Well, That won't be a problem for me, my comp. is so old that if I play a video bigger than a couple of inches, It will freeze up, so I have convert them to my ipod anyway.

Sweet :)!! We get to have pixie goodness in our ipods!

So here's the scoop!

After three days of trying to work with MPEG-4, we have realized that it is an awful format when it comes to internet interaction. So we're going to reencode the video to .mov, which is a format that iTunes should recognize in our feed. Unfortunately, the movie won't be playable on your iPod unless you convert it yourself. But that's a small price to pay, considering most of our listeners simply grab the show off the site or on iTunes.

Pixie: Since you're a Mac user, check out iSquint for easily encoding iPod-compatable videos.

And, it can convert videos from YouTube for download if you know how. :wink:

VGDJ: EPISODE #053 "DAY OF THE VIDEOCAST" IS NOW AVAILABLE AT VGDJ.NET!!!

Yes, the wait is finally up! I do apologize for how long it took to crank this thing out. There were many problems during the reencoding process, as I'm sure some of you have read. But this being our first ever videocast, we wanted to give you the best quality we could. The bulk of the vid is footage from our panel at Otakon, but there are other goodies as well!

That being said, we have three different resolutions for you to choose from: low (70 MB), normal (130 MB), and high (400 MB). Take yer pick, and enjooooyyyy... ^-^

P.S. Very special thanks to Jiggles McPuff for recording the panel, and Kroze for all his help with the reencoding!

And the video came out really really REALLY good from its "First" version *CoughcoughLightingHelpsALotcough*...

Still, hopfully the three diffrent versions shall satisfy everyone on any connection they might have (Except for those poor poor 56kers... Its amazing those sad bastards still exist..).

And the Panel came out great!

No you two didn't! Day of the Tentacle?!?!

Utter hilarity.

VGDJ is simply getting too good at making me laugh. Enough already! =x

EDIT: Well, darn, just from the intro I thought it was you guys dressed as the tentacles. But still, wonderfully silly video of 'em. ;D And seeing the panel makes me wish I could've attended. D: