VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

POSTCOUNT + 1, BIATCH!

Damn, it feels good to do this again. :P

I reveived an email alerting me of a new posting in this thread just before the forums went down. It was driving me nuts that I couldn't read it for like a week. :wink:

POSTCOUNT + 1, BIATCH!

Damn, it feels good to do this again. :P

I reveived an email alerting me of a new posting in this thread just before the forums went down. It was driving me nuts that I couldn't read it for like a week. :wink:

I don't bother getting "response notification: e-mails sent to me. I ignore almost any notification thingys.

Hey guys, just as a heads up we won't have a show for you this Monday. pixietricks has some important auditions coming up (and a roommate moving in), and I have to work on some music projects that I've been putting off for awhile now. Ah, real life. ;) Anyway, perhaps it is for the better as 1500 STILL isn't out yet... when we do record #055 I'm sure it will be. I promise we'll have some nice coverage of it.

Hey guys, just as a heads up we won't have a show for you this Monday. pixietricks has some important auditions coming up (and a roommate moving in), and I have to work on some music projects that I've been putting off for awhile now. Ah, real life. Anyway, perhaps it is for the better as 1500 STILL isn't out yet... when we do record #055 I'm sure it will be. I promise we'll have some nice coverage of it.

No VGDJ on Monday?

Buh. Sna.

I don't know what the debate over tetris music is but...

* The theme tune used in the Game Boy edition of Tetris (Music A) has become very widely known, to the point that it is the theme song of level 20 of Tetris DS, even though that level is based on the NES version of Tetris. It is a Russian folk tune called "Korobeyniki" or "Korobeiniki."

* Music A in the NES version is "Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy," a tune noted to be scene 14c of act two of The Nutcracker, which was composed by Tchaikovsky.

* Music B in the Tengen version is the Kalinka, a famous Russian song written by Ivan Petrovich Larionov

* Music C in the Game Boy version is an arrangement of Johann Sebastian Bach's Suite No. 3 In B Minor, BWV 814, IV. Menuett - Trio.

* The theme tune used in the Game Boy edition of Tetris (Music A) has become very widely known, to the point that it is the theme song of level 20 of Tetris DS, even though that level is based on the NES version of Tetris. It is a Russian folk tune called "Korobeyniki" or "Korobeiniki."

* Music A in the NES version is "Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy," a tune noted to be scene 14c of act two of The Nutcracker, which was composed by Tchaikovsky.

* Music B in the Tengen version is the Kalinka, a famous Russian song written by Ivan Petrovich Larionov

* Music C in the Game Boy version is an arrangement of Johann Sebastian Bach's Suite No. 3 In B Minor, BWV 814, IV. Menuett - Trio.

Wait does that mean that those songs are technically not originally made for the game so they shouldn't be on OCR? I sure hope not, and I would think that this has been addressed long before I started coming here, so don't mind this noob comment then.

Wait does that mean that those songs are technically not originally made for the game so they shouldn't be on OCR? I sure hope not, and I would think that this has been addressed long before I started coming here, so don't mind this noob comment then.

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2556890#2556890

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2556890#2556890

That's the second time in a few weeks that I've been completely owned by Larry. Thanks for clearing things up for me again. So, yea, as I said, noob comment.

Happy September 1st! It's time for you all to vote for VGDJ at podcastalley.com , since all ranks from the previous month have been reset. Just go here;

VOTE!

... and put in your email address, then click on the link in the email. Easy!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!

We also lovingly crafted a little video treat for y'all. Check it out at http://www.vgdj.net/ ! :)