VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Oh man, VGDJ no longer has the judge vs no judge aspect. We need someone to represent us little people, what have you done jill!

The show mechanics...they have been smashed!!

Haha, joking.

:nicework:

I'm pretty much as 'little' as they come.

Don't worry, I'll stand as the last bastion from hostile takeover.

I, my friend, am even smaller than you are. But no matter what, I will always love my VGDJ!

On a side note, didn't know you lived in Menonomie, Cyan_Ide. I think thats only around an hour from me (I'm in Waukesha). Wisconsin meetup! Or maybe not. I've only seen a couple other members from this great dairy state, not to mention I'm 17, w/o a car and w/ parents that would probably not approve of meeting up with some people I met over the internet. When they think of meeting people in RL after talking to them in internet "chat rooms" or whatever they think of specials on TV about child molesters and date rapes.

You won't rape me, will you? :cry:

Unfortunately, I believe that you have the wrong Menomonie. I live in "Menomonie," which is in western Wisconsin, just east of Minneapolis. It looks like you're thinking "Menomonee Falls." There's a Menominee, Wisconsin in the north central area. There's also a Menominee Michigan just across the border in eastern Wisconsin, too, just to add to the confusion. My grandfather lives in Mukwanago and worked in Waukesha before he retired, though, if it's any consolation. :P

Damn, you're right. I was thinking of Menomonee Falls. I didn't even know there was another Menomonee. That's unfortunate.

VGDJ rock on!

Ok, I just got done listening to the interview you guys did on gamemusicradio.com and heard the song you guys did and DAMN, that kicks ass! That kicks so much ass that I think I just busted. Zircon is AMAZING at what he does and Pixie, you're voice is just beautiful! You blew their freaking socks off with that one. Haha. They were quite speechless. Wow... I swear to god I can't wait until that shizzy is released so I can put it on my ipod! Muuuust haaave....

Wow... You guys should do more together, SRSLY!!!!1

:D

....damn, just... DAMN!!!

VGDJ amazes me.

I grinned ear-to-ear when zirc said he's big on smooth jazz and Paul Hardcastle, because I've been the biggest fiend for his music since "Rainforest." I'm talkin' two decades. I also snapped my fingers saying "damn, I wanted to be first to emulate his Synclavier stylings in a future ReMix."

Then you talk about how "pixie loves her 'hoo-hoos'," and I couldn't have been the only one thinking, "I'm pretty sure everyone loves her-

WELCOME TO DOUBLE-ENTENDRE LAND, WHERE EVERYTHING COMES IN TWOS AND YOUR FAVORITE BAND IS THE STROKES!

....Anyway, that "hoo-hoo" is a percussion instrument called the cuica, something that should be known to folks who program drums in MIDI.

Then you talk about how "pixie loves her 'hoo-hoos'," and I couldn't have been the only one thinking, "I'm pretty sure everyone loves her-

WELCOME TO DOUBLE-ENTENDRE LAND, WHERE EVERYTHING COMES IN TWOS AND YOUR FAVORITE BAND IS THE STROKES!

Absolute rofl.

....Anyway, that "hoo-hoo" is a percussion instrument called the cuica, something that should be known to folks who program drums in MIDI.

Good to remember.

Ok, I just got done listening to the interview you guys did on gamemusicradio.com and heard the song you guys did and DAMN, that kicks ass! That kicks so much ass that I think I just busted. Zircon is AMAZING at what he does and Pixie, you're voice is just beautiful! You blew their freaking socks off with that one. Haha. They were quite speechless. Wow... I swear to god I can't wait until that shizzy is released so I can put it on my ipod! Muuuust haaave....

Wow... You guys should do more together, SRSLY!!!!1

:D

....damn, just... DAMN!!!

There is a way to download the interview as an MP3, and then theoretically cut out the song. Just find the url for the specific show in Winamp and save target as.

There is a way to download the interview as an MP3, and then theoretically cut out the song.

Yeah, you can go here [link removed] for the MP3 and edit out the interview, that's what I did.

NO, PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT!

Two reasons:

1) Brian and Becky of GMR stream their shows for good reason. Don't violate the trust we have with them!

2) Zircon and I don't want our collab to be out, and especially not passed around, until the project released. Please respect our wishes!

EDIT: Thanks for removing the link from your post, Plumber dude. ^_~

Some of those bios have since been done in this thread, so HELP DAMMIT KTHXBYE.

16. Chun Li

19. Guy

20. Sakura Kasunago

36. Washizuka

45. Kaede

53. Heihachi Mishima

58. Gen

62. Karin?

69. Nina Williams

84. Rikku

88. Jin Kazama

131. Akira

135. Roberto

136: Lady

137: Dante

138: Voldo

140: Cid

141: Shinnosuke Kagami

142: Gambit

146: Zato-1

149: Rose

150: Setsuna

Glad you guys liked the stinger ;) We were worried it might have been too random, but it was so much fun to do that we ended up using it anyway.

I think Family Guy has proven that there is no longer such a thing as too random. :wink:

Anyway on Thursday night I gave this to LAOS to give to you guys (by now I assume you know what I'm talking about...). Quickly whipped it up on the spot, but I found it funny enough to release publically.

http://digamejh.melankolly.com/online_storage/HooHoosOnFirst2.mp3

Glad you guys liked the stinger ;) We were worried it might have been too random, but it was so much fun to do that we ended up using it anyway.

I think Family Guy has proven that there is no longer such a thing as too random. :wink:

Anyway on Thursday night I gave this to LAOS to give to you guys (by now I assume you know what I'm talking about...). Quickly whipped it up on the spot, but I found it funny enough to release publically.

ROFL. That must have taken forever to make. :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AWESOME!

Hopefully this still gets to page 200 :D

A little about what zircon says about Sixto Sounds' Twin Blood. The original tune is from Double Dragon II; specifically the tune played during the fight against the final boss (when he can no longer make himself invisible). The tune our good hosts heard in The Next Level was the main theme of Double Dragon (I think it was from the first game, but I'm not too sure).

To summarize, the 2 tunes are different; though probably our elemental host (I think it's not a coincidence that he knew that tune from Elemental Master :D) detect some degree of similarity between them.

And great silly stinger! Made me laugh :)