VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

Holy crap, I'm back! Though, only like three people probably remember me. :lol: Great videocast, guys!

I remember you...you did the Wingless mix.

Yes, she got to steppin' :wink:

Welcome back.

*waits for the inevitable news, if #vgdj is to be believed...*

Hey everyone.

Okay, so we have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that VGDJ is about to take a break for a little while. The good news, however, is that we will be back... and hopefully with more interviews and special features than ever. For all you die-hard fans out there, however, we feel that an explanation is in order:

This week we were planning on doing an episode entirely devoted to the new Sonic 3 & Knuckles project: "Project Chaos." We came up with some very fun ideas for an interview with one of the project leaders, including a detailed "game show" type quiz with musical examples and sound effects. To make a long story short, of the two people who were involved in the projects' direction, neither showed up for the interview even after they agreed on a time and promised to be there.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time something like this has happened; we have been stood up by people in the past, including a certain female remixer that was supposed to star on Episode #065: Chicks in the Mix. Frankly, this is somewhat hurtful and insulting to us. We invest an enormous amount of our time per week on this show- not just one or two days. Because it takes a lot of work to put together an episode, we literally have to plan our lives around things like interviews and special features, so when other people don't even give us the courtesy of telling us they'll be late (or not show up at all), it's extremely frustrating.

This podcast exists to promote the community of OverClocked Remix and the individuals who comprise it. We're offering our fellow musicians an incredible opportunity for publicity, and being repeatedly snubbed. Doesn't that speak something? Why should we have to come after people, even nag them, to get them to follow through? It's simply not worth the effort on our part.

Additionally, while we have fun releasing a weekly show, we also don't want to burn out... and we don't want YOU guys to burn out. After all, if you think about it, TV shows don't run a new episode every single week- maybe half the weeks in a year, tops. So, while this Project Chaos episode was a catalyst for our decision to take a break, it wasn't the only factor.

We'll still be here on the forums and on IRC, of course. And we do really appreciate all of you who listen to the show, have donated money, bought a t-shirt, left us a voicemail, clicked on our ads (when we still had 'em), sent us feedback, or even just voted for us on podcastalley. You're the ones that make this show worth doing. We just need a breather. ;)

Perhaps when we get back from this break, the OCR community will have a little more respect for VGDJ... maybe even be excited at the prospect of a fresh episode? Until then: take care, guys!

That sucks. I'm by no means a regular listener, but I do enjoy VGDJ and listen to it when I get the chance. As a (former) radio show host myself, I can certainly understand not wanting to burn out, and trying to live your life around a radio show, which is very difficult to do after awhile. Best of luck to you guys, and hopefully you'll return soon!

You might think there'd be more appreciation for the

show and what goes into it. I know I have it.

I also have appreciation for the button also sent to

me from the survey. I'm pretty sure it was a button,

anyway. Would you all like me to illustrate the new

dictionary definition of "FUCKED UP"?

f-ed.jpg

So, no button.

Please join me in delivering a giant middle finger to

the culprit, who's probably reading this very thread.

Holy crap, I'm back! Though, only like three people probably remember me. :lol: Great videocast, guys!

Person who remembers you +1 (Actually, it's more for you and SGX'x Different [Euphoria mix] from SGX's Better than Sliced Beats album, though I also remember teh awesomeness of the Winglessmix as well. Just FYI.)

As for VGDJ, you guys deserve a break from the insanity, and even if this is a clever ruse to spend more time together (come on, you know it is!) I hope it all goes swimmingly. Ya'll have fun, but ya'll be sure to come back now, ya'hear?

In the meantime, I'm gonna think of some fun things to do with my new pin...(is anyone else keeping the envelopes? Call me crazy, but I plan to profit off of any major success from our talented co-hosts through the wonderful institution known as E-bay...)

Yay, got my VGDJ button today (cute l'il thing). I noticed that the envelope mine came in did have a few button-sized holes in it. I'm guessing the general problem is that buttons have been punching holes into their envelopes while going through the myriad sorters and rollers at the post office, thus allowing some of the buttons to fall out en rout.

I'd feel really sorry for you right now, but that's how things go. I know that you wanted to add another one of your crazy spins on the podcast, and I know I love to see you do such things like that. But as a member of the project itself, I still think that it's not a good idea to blame people for doing things that went completely wrong or was mistimed or whatever.

On top of that, Hadyn (the guy who didn't respond) mentioned in the project topic itself that he lives in Australia, so he couldn't come anyway.

Still I do feel really upset because this was a podcast I was waiting with anticipation for for a really long time. I don't want to act like a pushover, but I felt heartbroken to see this, not only to assume that KFC and SnappleMan have sort of caused this decision, but also a reaction like this.

I guess there's no point getting fussy over spilt milk, so I might as well leave you two to do your thing, whichever it is.

It's an honour to be interviewed on vgdj if you ask me, don't know why they would miss it,

I'm gonna miss the show while its gone, but I am kinda looking forward to a bumper comeback episode catching up on all the happenings, that would be great. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Yeah, I agree 100%. This just builds up the anticipation.

Just got a button. 8)

I looked at the envelope in confusion for a few seconds. At first I wondered why someone would send me something in the mail, and then I wondered who the person sending it was. The name certainly looked familiar...

I'm no button aficionado, but I think it looks nice.

Thanks VGDJ.

Second'd.