Daft Punk - Aerodynamic: Section similar to FF tune?

Saunders

Okay, this has been driving me crazy for a couple days. I heard this song on my friend's iPod and there's a section of it that I totally recognized and I'm sure it was straight out of one of the FF soundtracks, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Maybe someone more knowledgeable could help me figure it out.

I wasn't able to find the original Daft Punk song on YouTube, but this cover version is good enough to demonstrate the part I'm talking about: http://youtu.be/DgGZgVf8zpQ?t=2m14s

Any ideas? Am I just crazy? I tried doing some Googling to no effect, the best I could come up with was a link back to a remix here on OCR, which DOES have a part similar to that section, but I'm sure it's not what I was thinking of.

Okay, this has been driving me crazy for a couple days. I heard this song on my friend's iPod and there's a section of it that I totally recognized and I'm sure it was straight out of one of the FF soundtracks, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Maybe someone more knowledgeable could help me figure it out.

I wasn't able to find the original Daft Punk song on YouTube, but this cover version is good enough to demonstrate the part I'm talking about: http://youtu.be/DgGZgVf8zpQ?t=2m14s

Any ideas? Am I just crazy? I tried doing some Googling to no effect, the best I could come up with was a link back to a remix here on OCR, which DOES have a part similar to that section, but I'm sure it's not what I was thinking of.

Sounds more like a tie back to baroque or classical composition, rather than Final Fantasy. Nobuo did sometimes mimic or pattern some pieces directly after that era, but I don't hear any FF-specific leanings in that line.

Any ideas on which song or game the line resembles? It'll help narrow the search quite a bit.

EDIT: Drat. Double in-befor'd.

Double EDIT:

Wait, are you talking about the soft-synth section at around the 3-minute mark? Cuz I can hear a vague reminiscence to the line of one of the Final Fantasy V tracks, 'Pirates Ahoy!'

Okay, somehow I completely overlooked that...

A general idea of which final fantasy you are refering to may help

I was thinking 4 or 6 since those are the ones I've played the most, but at this point I'm not even sure.

you couldnt find aerodynamic from daft punk on youtube? why can't you spell? or something.

Actually, in all fairness I did find it (

) but it was blocked in my country.