Magic: the gathering bi-weekly online league

OceansAndrew

Red Green Black Dragon.

This is one of my favorite FFA decks. Most people never see it coming until its too late. The concept is the sudden strike but it has enough endurance in a multiplayer game to really raise hell. Which is the ultimate goal of any real FFA.

Lands

6 mountains

6 swamps

7 forests

3 savage lands

2 blackcleave cliffs

2 dragonskull summits

Planeswalkers

2 Sarkhan Vol

1 Nicol Bolas Planeswalker

now you're thinkin WTF he's blue not green. I'm getting to it i'm getting to it ;)

Creatures

2 Fierce Empath

4 Dragonspeaker Shamen

1 Chameleon Colossus

1 Tauren Mauler

1 hellkite charger

1 hellkite igniter

2 MALFEGOR

2 Hellkite Overlord

3 Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund.

Malfegor is your field clearer. 6/6 flyer that has one of the sickest effects the game produces. Drop it sac your entire hand wipe the entire field. Basically a wrath of god with you as the survior. Expensive but its a 6/6. Very useful to give yourself breathing room.

Why Karrthus? he can be cast for 3 mana is 7/7 flying haste and you gain control of any dragon on the field when he drops. And all dragons you control from that point on have haste. Naaasty. Shamens allow you to get your big guns out fast. And the two changlings can harass like no other.

Artifacts: 2 thran dynamos 2 sphere of the suns. This helps your mana backbone thran's are cheap colorless and sphere of the suns takes care of an early or late game requirement.

Instants

2 seething songs

2 slice in twain

2 naturalize

2 lightning bolt

Enchants

2 eldrazi conscritption!

2 fires of yavimaya

you probably could drop the fires if you wanted. But you wanna put the fear of god in someone? DROP THAT ON A CHANGLING! +10/+10 annihilator 2. That will make them burn damn near anything to get that off the field. A nice distraction for the real thrust of this deck

sorcery

2 Mana geysers

3 cultivate

1 exsanguinate

1 explosive revelation

1 assault strobe

1 praetor's council

2 Genesis wave.

And that's the big one right there. Thats the spell that raises an insane amount of hell. Genesis wave. It's a mid game card in this deck you check out the land of your opponents. Make sure you keep 3 green open drop mana geyser drop genesis wave. Watch them GROAN As you drop 20...30 maybe even 40 friggin cards. All enchants stay all creatures stay (assuming you dont have a conflict ruling) and all the lands stay too. You dont need it to win the deck is actually fairly balanced out for multiplayer requirements. But you blow them to hell in the process. Everything's going to ahve haste by that point and you just storm. If praetor's council comes out in that madness your enemy is well and truly fucked.

This is my fun Genesis Dragons deck. And i have yet to have a game where i play it and it doesnt end well. :)

Just a reminder that TOMORROW NIGHT is the debut! Thursday the 13th, at 8pm EST.

We will be playing *Block* format, so do your best to make a deck using the cards from Innistrad that can crush your foes! you can choose to keep your creation secret, or collaborate with others to get something extra-strong.

If you have questions about anything or need tech help, show up a little early, and people can help you get set up. Also, I'm sure a few of us will be playing beforehand, so that's a good chance to get your feet wet with the program, and work out any kinks in your deck.

If you need decklists, there are a few last page, and I expect this first night to be a lot of me giving tech support for people in cockatrice. For those of you who have already been rocking the program, please please please be my deputies and help keep things moving. :-)

I realize that what you were just posting is a casual deck, but you do realize that it's a 71 card deck. You should really cut 11 and get it to 60 to maximize efficiency...

You can easily cut a few lands imo aside from a few other cards, 27 lands is more then enough.

Efficiency and dragons don't work too well together. The deck is balanced out to give a solid mana pool under limited conditions.

Originally the deck was 80+

The extra cards give you a bit of endurance. Useful in an FFA, also genesis wave if you drop all of the power from the Mana Geysers can net 40+ cards on the field. Not a good thing if you're down to 5-7 turns or less to win a battle. The deck has worked very well for me in my games.

I run 60 for tournament casual i play various numbers.

For those of you who have already been rocking the program, please please please be my deputies and help keep things moving. :-)

I can also help with anyone who needs help with cockatrice or anything else as far as this goes.

Also if anyone wants to do sealed or draft as well, i'd think it was awesome if we got some of that going on Thursday as well.

We had some good block battles too, though I admit my play was pretty weak throughout the entire night, mainly because I was testing with 2 friends standard decks for the states tournament tomorrow. I may have ADD, but keeping track of 3 gamestates is brutal. Thankfully decision trees in drafts are easier, but I still managed to screw up a few times. Sorry to Hemo for the weak play, i'll be more focused next time. :-)

Speaking of states, i've got an interesting build that has decent answers for the expected Standard metagame, and really makes Snapcaster Mage shine. I'll be playing it at FNM tonight to iron out some last minute issues. :-)

The 2 decks that I am considering (aka have the physical cards for):

UR

9 Mountain

4 Sulfur Falls

9 Island

4 Stromkirk Noble

3 Delver of Secrets

1 Phantasmal Image

2 Bloodcrazed Neonate

2 Stormblood Berserker

4 Snapcaster Mage

2 Shrine of Burning rage

4 Gitaxian Probe

2 Vapor Snag

1 Geistflame

2 Shock

2 Incinerate

4 Brimstone Volley

4 Mana Leak

1 Chandra, the Firebrand

SB

3 Steel Sabotage

4 Flashfreeze

2 Nihil Spellbomb

2 Vulshok Refugee

2 Chandra’s Phoenix

1 Act of Aggression

UW

12 Plains

1 Island

4 Glacial Fortress

2 Moorland Haunt

1 Inkmoth Nexus

4 Seachrome Coast

4 Champion of the Parish

2 Gideon's Lawkeeper

2 Grand Abolisher

2 Snapcaster Mage

1 Phantasmal Image

1 Mentor of the Meek

4 Blade Splicer

2 Geist of Saint Traft

2 Dismember

2 Timely Reinforcements

2 Midnight Haunting

4 Mana Leak

3 Honor of the Pure

2 Angelic Destiny

2 Sword of War and Peace

1 Sword of Feast and Famine

SB

1 Gideon Jura

3 Oblivion Ring

2 Revoke Existence

2 Celestial Purge

3 Flashfreeze

2 Shrine of Loyal Legions

2 Mirran Crusader

Mmm... having fun with a few Innistrad Token decks. Here's two that I came up with, so far.

GW (Spirit Token)

7 Forest

11 Plains

2 Gavony Township

4 Avacyn's Pilgrim

4 Doomed Traveler

3 Gallows Warden

4 Geist-Honored Monk

4 Mausoleum Gaurd

2 Mentor of the Meek

2 Mikaeus, the Lunarch

3 Unruly Mob

2 Garruk Relentless

4 Midnight Haunting

4 Intangible Virtue

4 Parallel Lives

SB

1 Unruly Mob

2 Mentor of the Meek

4 Naturalize

4 Rebuke

4 Divine Reckoning

UG (Wolf Token/Homuculus Mana Sink)

11 Forest

5 Island

4 Hinterland Harbor

4 Elder of Laurels

3 Kessig Cagebreakers

3 Lumberknot

3 Mayor of Avabruck

4 Snapcaster Mage

4 Sticher's Apprentice

2 Garruk Relentless

4 Cackling Counterpart

3 Caravan Vigil

3 Prey Upon

3 Spider Spawning

4 Parallel Lives

SB

4 Claustrophobia

4 Gutter Grime

4 Naturalize

2 Bramble Crush

1 Spider Spawning

I could think of a few decks that could nail these pretty badly (reanimation/DD/heavy disenchant for the first, flyer heavy for the second), but they're certainly fun to play against the builds posted in here. :P