Megaman 4 - Skull Man (Dance remix)

MikeViper

Hey there.

Well first thing I noticed was that the snare isn't very good. Actually the whole thing could benefit from superior drum samples and perhaps layers of said samples. On that topic, I think you have strings at the start? They sound very fake as does the piano type sound. I'd complain about the brass too, but I do have a soft spot for synth brass actually. The bass isn't bad, it's got a retro feel that I like. I also dig the bells.

Also the song overall is pretty short. I'd recommend really expanding upon it with more of your own composition.

In a nutshell, expand the arrangement more, more humanization and update the samples/synths and I think she'll be great.

It does certainly sound like it's using default system MIDI sounds. There are much better, free options out there.

The source material isn't easy to hear except at 0:35-0:53 and 1:03-1:13. And that's barely half the song at present! It's going in a good direction, but it's hard to evaluate at its current length.

AngelCityOutlaw touched a lot of what I wanted to say, and I too like the synth brass.

Nice Intro. The arrangement for the most part is fine, and I hope you are expanding it.

I hate to sound like a bass whore, but if it's a dance piece, the bass kick needs to be a bit (not too much) more intense.

I found the drums to be a bit repetitive, but they do more good than harm for me.

The exit was not good for me. It dropped the entire song like a stone for me.

Keep it up!

AngelCityOutlaw touched a lot of what I wanted to say, and I too like the synth brass.

Nice Intro. The arrangement for the most part is fine, and I hope you are expanding it.

I hate to sound like a bass whore, but if it's a dance piece, the bass kick needs to be a bit (not too much) more intense.

I found the drums to be a bit repetitive, but they do more good than harm for me.

The exit was not good for me. It dropped the entire song like a stone for me.

Keep it up!

Thanks for the critique everyone. I'll keep all this stuff in mind as I continue the piece.

It seems the biggest problem is the samples. So is there anywhere I could get better samples for free?

Also, while I do accept comments and critique; please do not spam the youtube page with useless comments(You know who you are). They will be removed almost immediately.

Thanks for the critique everyone. I'll keep all this stuff in mind as I continue the piece.

It seems the biggest problem is the samples. So is there anywhere I could get better samples for free?

Also, while I do accept comments and critique; please do not spam the youtube page with useless comments(You know who you are). They will be removed almost immediately.

There's lots of great free stuff out there. Try googling "free soundfonts" or "free vst plugins" etc. Also, browse around the "Music composition & Production" thread. Never know what goodies you can find there.