Zelda: G4M3 B0Y remix (link's awakening overworld) UNMASTERED

this is probably NOT intended for ocr submission. it's more likely the beginning of a small (or large) revival of one of my old project ideas: "forbidden remix"

it was basically me trying to make anti-OCR style remixes (youtube-friendly, if you will) by sampling the entire original chiptunes, while trying to at least write a little bit of music and keep the production level high

my production skills have improved a lot since the idea's original conception, and I've broadened my perspective on electronic dance music to the point where I have a more focused vision, yada yada yada whatever. point is, this is going to sound like me selling out, and that's what I'm going for

http://soundcloud.com/bbriggsmusic/zelda-g4m3-b0y-remix-preview

I have no monitoring headphones, so I have no idea what this actually sounds like from a mastering perspective. I've just been trying to watch my dB meter and using decent computer speakers. all criticisms and suggestions happily welcome

I don't really like the way the chiptune accelerates in the beginning, especially around 0:23. The idea is cool, but the acceleration is very discrete. I think it'd sound better if it were more of a gradual tempo acceleration through that section rather than just playlist manipulation of the samples to speed it up. Less choppy.

Bass = boners.

Omission of my additions = not boners :P

Otherwise, me rikey, and it's one of my favorite sources, hooray! finish.