Partially Sunny (Can you Feel the sunshine?) (Its ComplextroDubStep)

SonicThHedgog

What the hell did I just hear? That was my childhood being raped. The first ten seconds were a nice intro, but that's it. I'm not a huge fan of dubstep, but I think the wubs overpower the song. When PrototypeRaptor did Nullification, he allowed the booming sections to mix evenly with the actual tune.

My message for anyone remixing this song: avoid the actual source if you can. Almost every single remix of this song that uses the original source fails. The only exception is

I'll wait and see how this develops, but this needs a LOT of improvement.

What the hell did I just hear? That was my childhood being raped. The first ten seconds were a nice intro, but that's it. I'm not a huge fan of dubstep, but I think the wubs overpower the song. When PrototypeRaptor did Nullification, he allowed the booming sections to mix evenly with the actual tune.

I'll wait and see how this develops, but this needs a LOT of improvement.

Im not going for that kind of dubstep;Im aiming for this to be agressive, way more agressive then it sounds now, and what dont you like about the source use exsactly? (the song is finished to)

It sounds to me a lot like the Peace Treaty remix of DJ Fresh's "Louder". Except the song parts you use just don't really gel with the song. I think it's the key: It could work, but you need to figure out the key of it first.

Oh you mean the acapella? I tried making one but the intrumental I found only took so much of the background away :(

From what I heard, it needs a fair bit of work. The lyrics don't fit, key-wise, and the pitch needs a massive repair. Some more superstitious Sonic fans would claim that's the effect of the Tails Doll curse.

Im sure the key it the same as the original, Maybe its the how I exported the song :P, Kids I know chat with from sega boards liked the full version.

(but they thought it was WAY to loud)

If anyone has a accapella, I will change it, since people find that to stick out.

It sounds to me a lot like the Peace Treaty remix of DJ Fresh's "Louder". Except the song parts you use just don't really gel with the song. I think it's the key: It could work, but you need to figure out the key of it first.

Saw your soundcloud comment, thats on purpose to up pitch the vocals for like 3 secs.

Why, it does not sound good/weird?

Are you people hearing the same thing I am? I mean, it kind of sounds like most of you are missing the point (complaining about pitch shifts and whatnot...).

I'd like to hear the "finished" version if I could (not sure why you just gave a snippit). But it sounds like a pretty win concept to me.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've stumbled across acapella from R before around the net, so you should be able to find something. I've definitely heard the instrumentals for sure, so you could invert the waveform and extract the lyrics if you need to.

Are you people hearing the same thing I am? I mean, it kind of sounds like most of you are missing the point (complaining about pitch shifts and whatnot...).

I'd like to hear the "finished" version if I could (not sure why you just gave a snippit). But it sounds like a pretty win concept to me.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've stumbled across acapella from R before around the net, so you should be able to find something. I've definitely heard the instrumentals for sure, so you could invert the waveform and extract the lyrics if you need to.

Thank you :D! Im uploading the full thing when my singer finishes with my ice cap remix, then I will have 10 tracks!

I'll try again, maybe I did not use the utility tool in ableton correctly, or I miss aligned the inverted audio.

I will try this in audacity this time

The pitchshift, in it's state here, sounds awful and the intense glitching kills the flow and general musicality of the vocals.

Even if that's "the point", doesn't mean I have to like it lol.

The synth work, when you get to the actual dubby wubby stuff, is actually good. But the mixdown of the whole track feels off. Either the lead instruments needs to be in the center, or stereo-panned enough on the sides. Right now it stays around an awkward in-between area. But Soundcloud's also been known to mess up some bass sounds in its file compression. Fix the bass and you have a real head-nodding tune there.

I also agree with the others to drop the source tune. It's shrieking too much on the high end, and sounds like a bad recording of it. I like dubstep and glitch hop but that part was grating on the ears.

• 2 weeks later...
um ehh No.

Pardon?

I'm saying it for the same reason anybody else would.

That pitch shift is awful in every regard.

It would be fine if the note you ended it on was a logical one but instead you leave it hanging somewhere it doesn't belong.

No matter the genre that is an error in your piece.

I would call it out the same way I would for any other piece.

With a blatant error like that... an unwillingness to change, is going to be your downfall.

You claimed earlier that dubstep commonly lacks musical values.

I assume by this (bold and brazen I might add) statement you mean that simply because you are doing a dubstep track you are suddenly exempt from objective judgement in the manufacture of the song and in feedback responses.

If you were going to debate any semblance of a review with little more than a "No." or "This is how it is always going to be." then there was no reason for you making this thread in the first place. To which you should have instead worked on it until complete and submitted to the judges, then complained how they said "No." For all the same reasons we will.

Listen up.

That pitch shift severely hurts this piece and I quite like the rest of what you have here.

We are offering responses. Thats the point. You post your work so we can help you work on it and make it the best piece it can be.

We don't make hurtful comments.

We don't make foolish comments.

We just respond accordingly.

Either stop giving "I made it I obviously know better." responses in return, and accept the help.

Or quit.

Pardon?

I'm saying it for the same reason anybody else would.

That pitch shift is awful in every regard.

It would be fine if the note you ended it on was a logical one but instead you leave it hanging somewhere it doesn't belong.

No matter the genre that is an error in your piece.

I would call it out the same way I would for any other piece.

With a blatant error like that... an unwillingness to change, is going to be your downfall.

You claimed earlier that dubstep commonly lacks musical values.

I assume by this (bold and brazen I might add) statement you mean that simply because you are doing a dubstep track you are suddenly exempt from objective judgement in the manufacture of the song and in feedback responses.

If you were going to debate any semblance of a review with little more than a "No." or "This is how it is always going to be." then there was no reason for you making this thread in the first place. To which you should have instead worked on it until complete and submitted to the judges, then complained how they said "No." For all the same reasons we will.

Listen up.

That pitch shift severely hurts this piece and I quite like the rest of what you have here.

We are offering responses. Thats the point. You post your work so we can help you work on it and make it the best piece it can be.

We don't make hurtful comments.

We don't make foolish comments.

We just respond accordingly.

Either stop giving "I made it I obviously know better." responses in return, and accept the help.

Or quit.

Again. No.

Ocremix is not the only place I get music inputs, and the others did not really notice or care about it. Im not changing anything on a complete track for opinions that did not over weight the other votes.

and either way no matter how much people hear agreed with me here or not about the sample, My composing thoughts on how I want my trac to sound > anyone else.

No.