How do you change song information?

Thin Crust

So I just got "Distant Worlds 2: More Music from Final Fantasy". When I ripped it to my computer, it automatically registered it as being the first Distant worlds CD. That means that all the song titles are the songs from the previous CD. Changing the file name is easy enough, but how do you actually change the rest of the details so I won't see double on my MP3 player?

Sorry if this seems easy, but I don't have any knowledge on this subject.

If you use 7 (or Vista too, I think), WMP is really very difficult because you can't really edit the mp3 tags from there. You'll need to use a third-party tagging program to make it work. I think there's a "mp3IDtagit" or something out there, I can't remember.

Buuuut I would recommend moving to iTunes, much easier to us, but whatevs.

dude, I would recommend foobar2000 if he's going to change media players

otherwise yeah, get a ID3 editor like http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ or something

mp3tag is what OCR uses to tag all of the remixes and the albums, and it's what I personally use for tagging files when I rip CDs or put out albums/collections (RSCB, GRMRB). By far one of the best, most powerful tagging tools out there. It's also fairly straightforward to use.