OCR02308 - Super Dodge Ball "Go Balls Deep!"

djpretzel

I have to admit, when I heard Juan had a hard drive crash and was dropping out of the project, I was extremely disappointed. The song was literally almost done, but not quite there yet, so I had high hopes. Luckily Juan came back and redid it at the last minute, easily surpassing the required facemelting quota for the album (I directed it; OF COURSE it had a facemelting quota!) and making me very happy. Thanks, Sixto. :-)

I have to admit, when I heard Juan had a hard drive crash and was dropping out of the project, I was extremely disappointed. The song was literally almost done, but not quite there yet, so I had high hopes. Luckily Juan came back and redid it at the last minute, easily surpassing the required facemelting quota for the album (I directed it; OF COURSE it had a facemelting quota!) and making me very happy. Thanks, Sixto. :-)

Yeah, but your album doesn't come with a facemelting warning like HvV did. XD

Also, great track Sixto.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We can definitely do with more Sixto, especially to cover a track as complex as the Vs Mode theme :D

I'm often used to hearing Sixto take things in a straightforward approach but still put his own spin on things, and yet he seemed to have taken the track apart into subsections and re-ordered them while still maintaining a sense of structure. So basically, he kept true to the source, but the pieces are placed in that much of a different order it can still be considered interpretive :P

Going beyond the source shake-up, the solo work at 2:41 plays well to his improvisation strength, not to mention the ending with the gate work and synth fade out still managed to add so much to the scope, giving more to the illusion that even if the game is over there's still more to do for the most passionate amongst us.

So yes, you didn't disappoint, and I'm glad you managed to keep on the project after all!

Dude, nice heavy rockin'! The synths join the ReMix pretty good and this really gets me pumped up! Lots of aggresive energy that makes this mix a damn good motivator. Perfect for a rousing game of super dodgeball. I love the arrangement that combines the synths and metal guitars together, and the soloing was amazing. Epic ReMix, Sixto.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02308 - Super Dodge Ball "Go Balls Deep!"