OCR02309 - Super Dodge Ball "Nairobi Hop"

djpretzel

I had a decidedly small part in this compared to the ones who actually did the work. I merely directed DCT toward folks who I knew could deliver, and he ended up directing what was basically a mini-project within a project.

As proud as I am of the entire album and how everyone came together with their A-game, this is probably the song I'm most proud of. Huge props to Duane for getting together an all-star cast of amazing talent and handling one of the best arrangements this scene has EVER seen. :-)

Well, yeah this sure was fresh dope! Or dope fresh!

Anyway, I'm really impressed by the mesh of DCT's arrangement and Luiza's guitars, from listening to the instrumental version. Then the rap just glided on in for some sexy smooth, and some embellishments fucking win.

I had no idea what most of these songs sounded like until now, and I'm very impressed!

Rap on this site is REALLY hit or miss with me but this was spot on :J

This track redefines the term "A-Game" for me. In all cases, the artists involved have put out some really cool material before, but on this track nobody is pulling any punches. I'm particularly impressed with how interesting and engrossing the instrumental version alone is, Luiza's creative guitar effects just work so well with what DCT laid down for the rest of the beat. And each of the rappers did an amazing job, as well. Definitely one of the most finely-polished mega-collabs to come through the front page in quite some time, and in a genre that's rarely touched on the site. This is a win on all accounts! :-D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Holy mother of god! Now that is what I consider some good rapping! And to throw in some great beats by DCT with LulzA's excellent guitar work, and you've got one of the best tracks on the Around The World Album. The little breakin' freakout bit at 1:56 made my jaw hit the floor, that's how much I loved it. This is one of those ReMixes that raises the bar and makes everyone else step it up, so damn good stuff everyone.

• 3 years later...

Oh boy, suckas definitely can't touch this! Hahaha :D It's a fucking awesome collab, seriously. One of the best collabs and one of the best rap tracks here on OCR. It's realy hot. You've got a bunch of tight rappers, some insane guitar chops and really sick beats. It simply can't go wrong! I also should point out that even the instrumental part itself deserves a lot of attention, as I usually don't like the instrumental versions of songs, but this isn't that case. Great work, everyone!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02309 - Super Dodge Ball "Nairobi Hop"