Around the World listening party! Sunday, 10/16, 5 PM US Eastern Time on Arecibo Radio

KyleJCrb

Join myself, Walan, Liontamer and Suraida LIVE on Arecibo Radio on October 16th at 5 PM Eastern Time for the Nitro Game Injection Super Dodge Ball: Around the World listening party! We'll be streaming the full album live, as well as providing our commentary and retrospectives on the air throughout the show. You don't even have to download the album: just come to the Arecibo chatroom prepared to critique and sit back and enjoy the album with us!

What: Super Dodge Ball: Around the World listening party

When: Sunday, October 16th at 5 PM Eastern Time

Where: Arecibo Radio chatroom

Why: Because we love you.

For a project as old as this, this is surprisingly high-quality. Only a few songs are showing their age, but even those are extremely enjoyable.

Great genre diversity too, I like seeing projects like this that aren't so homogeneous in style. Furthermore, there's a ton of tracks on here that are very dynamic themselves, such as Protricity's, Akuma's, and DCT's which are filled with constant changeups that keep things interesting.

Overall, a very surprising and high-quality album, I'll be listening to this one a lot! :-D Major props on the release you guys!

For a project as old as this, this is surprisingly high-quality. Only a few songs are showing their age, but even those are extremely enjoyable.

Glad you've enjoyed it, good sir!

Interesting fact: Most of the songs on ATW actually aren't that old. There are only four songs on the album that date back to before 2009 (Team Iceland, Team USSR, Team All-Stars, and Bean Ball.) Even then, all but one of those was revisited within the last two years (USSR was not, and it was the first finished track for the project,) so hence why not many of the remixes are showing their age. We really strived to make sure that everything would be brought to modern spec before release.

Silly Wes must've forgotten his coffee this morning :razz:

In regards to the listening party, I shall be there; though are you sure the Arecibo chatroom would handle a high volume of people? Even during the previous few episodes of NGI it had its clunky moments, which might draw room for concern.

Whatever happens, it's going to be ballsy! :wink:

It was a packed house today! The highest listener turnout I saw was 26, which is certainly amongst the highest listener count NGI has ever had. Thanks for joining us today and making the listening party a huge success! We'd love to do more listening parties for other albums as well on Arecibo Radio, so if you want us to stream your album, just let us know!

The episode archive should be up tomorrow, along with a chatlog for those who missed out on the show but still want to see some of the feedback on their track (or the other shenanigans we got up to in there.)