Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

DarkeSword, sorry for the bit of trouble and time adding my name and picks, but I'm going to respectfully request to back out; I just don't think my skills are quite good enough for this particular competition and everyone has a team ready to go (nice lineups, by the way!).

Competitions are the best way to gain skill. Besides, there is no elimination in this competition. It doesn't matter if your remix doesn't win, you still get to keep going. :mrgreen:

Competitions are the best way to gain skill. Besides, there is no elimination in this competition. It doesn't matter if your remix doesn't win, you still get to keep going. :mrgreen:

I must concur. I think that competitions have been very important in my own development. Mr. L, I think you would be missing out on an excellent opportunity if you passed this up.

Ok, as Geoffio mentioned, we're both in!

Here are my picks:

1) Gemeni Man (MM3)

2) Slash Man (MM7)

3) Dust Man (MM4)

4) Yamato Man (MM6)

5) Dive Man (MM4)

We don't have our third person yet, but our team name is "Cold Steel". If you don't think that name has enough to do with Mega Man than you obviously haven't seen this:

cold-steel.jpg

http://www.mainfinger.com/misc/cold-steel.jpg

I must concur. I think that competitions have been very important in my own development. Mr. L, I think you would be missing out on an excellent opportunity if you passed this up.

^This. Some of my posted mixes are from competitions like this, and that's how I got started around here. I had to go against people way beyond my own skill, including Jason! so don't be discouraged if you really want to start making music, because this is the best way.

Also, glad to have you on board Main Finger and Geoffio!

@neblix, Prophecy, Sir_NutS, Xarnax42: Thanks for the encouraging words; I just see some of the names in here and feel like a dust speck *laughs*. Sorry for the bit of trouble.

It did look like everyone already had a team and I was the only one left (and most of my friends are busy / already taken *laughs*). :mrgreen:

Edit: Only one team has two people now, and I see Nekofrog is still available, officially. That wraps things up nice and neat! :smile:

If I had time I'd ask to be in this, even though I truly suck. I'll definitely try to be in the next GRMRB though; worst-case scenario is that I force someone better than me to mix a tune of my choice!

It's too bad the teams weren't allowed to coordinate their choices. I'd love to see teams like:

Air Man, Wind Man, Tornado Man: The Blue Sky Bombers

Fire Man, Heat Man, Flame Man: Team Atomic Fire

Dive Man, Wave Man, Spash Woman: Team MegaWater

Shadow Man, Bright Man, Shade Man: The Doctors of Light

Toad Man, Gravity Man, Centaur Man: The Mega Busters (because they "bust" everything on the screen)

Flash Man, Bright Man, Time Man: Rock Man Around the Clock

etc.

Speaking of MegaWater, I wish The Wily Wars was a legal source of robot masters. I'm really not sure why it's not, along with MM2/5 GB. Hopefully we'll get some Wily themes from WW and the GB games, as well as Dr. Cossack, Dark Man, and Mr. X.

@neblix

Oh, I remember very well - I have all of the mixes on my external hard drive and queued up on my play list -- quite amazing hearing the 'back then' and the 'later on'. Also, I disagree that you 'sucked. hardcore', but that's just my opinion. :)

Speaking of MegaWater, I wish The Wily Wars was a legal source of robot masters. I'm really not sure why it's not, along with MM2/5 GB. Hopefully we'll get some Wily themes from WW and the GB games, as well as Dr. Cossack, Dark Man, and Mr. X.

I really, really, really hope that this theme comes up in the competition; I've wanted to hear a remix of it, and Mega Man 7's Wily Station 1 ever since I played the games and listened to them... (back then)... :neutral:, but I'm not sure if it, Mr. X's Castle Theme, that is, officially counts as a "Wily Castle" theme. Guess we'll see! :smile:

I don't think you realize this but I was in GRMRB 2010. :roll: You know, back when I sucked. Hardcore. I knew guys like zircon were joining. Didn't stop me.

The Galactic Jungle earned its salt though.

And Latin Starflake was amazing. Just thought I'd plug that in there.

Alright, screw it all. I'm joining up with Ben Briggs and Ectogemia. Here's my choices (sorry, I don't know many of these themes so I'm going with the more popular ones, haha)

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for that group. Drowning Blue is my favorite track on the Missingno tracks. Can't wait to hear what you all produce!

Wow so it looks like we're going to end up with 12 rather impressive teams. Has there even been a greater congregation of incredibly awesome people before? I think not :)!!

I think all we're missing is Cerrax and Devastus. Oh, and Zircon too! I miss cerrax in these comps! The Space of Blades. So. Good.

Anyways...

I am really excited for this. Like, uber excited. Saying if I am more excited for this than GRMRB 2011 or Maverick... that'd be a hard choice. Like picking your favorite child. But I am SOOOOOOOO excited, this is such a great idea with such a great turnout of amazing remixers and up and coming remixers and such. Excitement level?

Over 9000.

Not only am I incredibly excited to take part in this competition, but I'm incredibly honored to have the opportunity to test my mettle and go up against this array of amazing musicians. I'm incredibly enthused about all the music that's going to come out of this thing, and about all the shit I'm going to learn in the process (especially being teamed up with Rozo, production's not my strong area at this point)!!! Plus I just hopped onto another album project, so I'm going to be very musically busy, and I couldn't be happier about it. Excitement level, over 9000? I couldn't agree more!!

Not only am I incredibly excited to take part in this competition, but I'm incredibly honored to have the opportunity to test my mettle and go up against this array of amazing musicians. I'm incredibly enthused about all the music that's going to come out of this thing, and about all the shit I'm going to learn in the process (especially being teamed up with Rozo, production's not my strong area at this point)!!! Plus I just hopped onto another album project, so I'm going to be very musically busy, and I couldn't be happier about it. Excitement level, over 9000? I couldn't agree more!!

And it's all thanks to Ecto leaving your team! You couldn't have done it without me.