Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

I was actually really surprised ANYBODY picked Search Man; it's a pretty complex theme. Not that I didn't think anyone could do it, it's just a rough one to analyze. That and Cold Man... And both were picked. Both great themes, but pretty complex in nature. Good luck, fellas. At least one of you has bourbon on their side ;)

I actually had a great idea for a Search Man and Quick Man arrangement. Maybe I'll make it someday.

I was actually really surprised ANYBODY picked Search Man; it's a pretty complex theme. Not that I didn't think anyone could do it, it's just a rough one to analyze. That and Cold Man... And both were picked. Both great themes, but pretty complex in nature. Good luck, fellas. At least one of you has bourbon on their side ;)

The difficult part is that it utilizes a lot of pitch-shifting that's very hard to replicate. I love the theme (#10 of all robot masters for me :3). but there are some notes I just cannot get a nail on... like they're microtones inbetween notes. If someone has a really accurate sheet music or midi showing exactly where the pitch shifts end up at, would really be appreciated :P

In the meantime, I need to figure out how to convert it to C minor. :/

If it's in a major key, lower the 3rd, 6th, and 7th notes of the scale by a half step.

I tried analyzing the stupid thing once, it's like the beginning has no standard key; or 100. Either way, that thing pissed me off. I was writing a Mega Man 8 marching show (of which the opener is finished, and contains Metal Heroes, Frost Man, and the opening stage, in that order :D ) and analyzed all the tunes and wrote out all the keys to see what would fit with what... I ended up leaving Search Man blank :?

Sword Man's another tough one; modulation city. Still one of my favorite themes though

Also wrote a Super Metroid marching opener :)

I'm not sure what the stance is on ID3 tags, but it may help Darke if you fill it appropriately. I suggest you check the tags for past Mega Man themed competitions for some guidance.

As for the bit rate, if there's no specific instructions then go with whatever encoding you're most comfortable with. Usually my preference is with VBR level 2 at 160-320kbps, but it's all up to you unless stated.

Sorry for the double post, guys, but I have an important announcement.

Unfortunately, one of our teammates is having communication issues. In his last PM, Elipzo mentioned he was having trouble with his PC, but didn't elaborate. That was Oct 24. If you're reading this, man, I hope everything works out. In terms of the competition, though, we need to know what's going on and who's mixing and all that, so communication is key.

Mr. L has graciously agreed to fill that void on VERY SHORT notice, and he has requested to guide Frost Man through the gauntlet.

Sorry for the double post, guys, but I have an important announcement.

Unfortunately, one of our teammates is having communication issues. In his last PM, Elipzo mentioned he was having trouble with his PC, but didn't elaborate. That was Oct 24. If you're reading this, man, I hope everything works out. In terms of the competition, though, we need to know what's going on and who's mixing and all that, so communication is key.

Mr. L has graciously agreed to fill that void on VERY SHORT notice, and he has requested to guide Frost Man through the gauntlet.

Is this even allowed? :whatevaa:

EDIT: Never mind, i read it wrong. I thought he was substituting, not replacing.

Alright, that's fine, but you need to be aware that if Elipzo is out, he can't come back. That's it. I've changed the roster.

To answer the question about tags: I strip out all the tags when I fix up the release and generate everything based on the file names, so don't worry about filling in anything for those. Just make sure the file names are correct.

There is no min or max bitrate requirement, but I encourage people to encode their MP3s at a decent CBR like 192 or just do VBR.