Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

Ah crap, now I gotta go back and doublecheck, because I came up with the same end result (purely based on rankings) as you did originally.

EDIT: Gario changed his vote from what it originally was. Should've gone back and double checked, I guess. Still going through them all...

This is why I wait until the end to tally.

Voting is open, which means voting can change all the way up to the end.

And yeah, I changed a vote after giving a thorough listen to everything, sorry if that caused any problem.

This is why I wait until the end to tally.

Voting is open, which means voting can change all the way up to the end.

@Gario: no, no problem. I just need to start double checking once the voting is over.

@Darke: Mistakes can still be made, apparently, even if you wait until the end to tally. It's still easier for me to enter them as they come in and just go back and double check after voting's closed. It's not like mine's the official one, anyhow, though :smile:

@Gario: no, no problem. I just need to start double checking once the voting is over.

@Darke: Mistakes can still be made, apparently, even if you wait until the end to tally. It's still easier for me to enter them as they come in and just go back and double check after voting's closed. It's not like mine's the official one, anyhow, though :smile:

oh yeah well...you're stupid and your face looks like a butt!!!!! :whatevaa:

Am I the only dude alive from The Skull Men? :???:

They're all dead.

They're all...skulls.

:(

Anyway, Round 3 remixes are available and voting is live, so get to it.

Remember folks, only post your top three, and keep the reviews out of the voting threads. Also if you're on a team, remember to post your team's name in your vote, otherwise I might forget to give your team a voting bonus. Some of you guys forgot in Round 2.

Anyway, enjoy.

Okay, I need to write reviews ASAP, since I can only vote for three and I need to express my praise for so many more than that.

Sting Operation - Nice jazzy arrangement. Really, no problems with the production or the arrangement. I think I personally wasn't feeling this one as much as some of the others. Still, it's excellent work, and I'll be listening to this one a lot in the future.

Air Man in a G String - Ah, WillRock finally appears in the competition. Classic WillRock stuff, and lovin' every minute of it. Probably my favorite of the round. I already know what the main critique of this mix is going to be, though: the source representation. WillRock sometimes has the tendency to emphasize one source song more heavily in these Mega Man compos. While Air Man is predominant, you can certainly hear Wily at various points throughout the song. Nonetheless, Air Man certainly is the primary source used here. It really isn't much of a deal-killer for me, though. I had the most fun with this one, so it takes #1 for me.

unto dust - Bitching arrangement, which is pretty standard fare from Prophetik. Love the way you mix up the two sources back and forth so seamlessly. I think what took this one down from #1 or #2 was that the production wasn't quite at the same level as some of your others (though it was certainly better than others of yours). Specifically, some of the samples seem a little grainy? I don't know exactly. Either way, it's still an awesome arrangement, and I know that you were short on time this week or else that wouldn't have been a problem.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I love the way you overlay the two tracks together at the end. Yeah, you do it for nearly all of your songs in these compos, but I never get tired of it.

Running With Scissors - I don't really buy the whole filler thing you said earlier. Yeah, there's a bit, but it is pretty freakin' sweet filler. This one and Electric Sleep were also top contenders for my 3. Just came down to personal preference, I guess. I may change my mind as the week progresses, though and throw this one up there instead of one of the others.

Power Outage - Quiet instruments here...then some vocals come in. I think there were some great ideas there, but they need to be developed more, and the song needs to "fatten up" some, too. Not really a bad remix, but this was a particularly competitive round.

Tripping Through - Would have probably taken the number 1 spot if the two sources were meshed more fluidly. Loved the style, loved the production, generally loved the arrangement. The one problem I had with it was, as mentioned earlier, the transition between the two sources. There was a very obviously break about half way through, at which point the other source popped up. Still loved it overall and it still nabbed my #2 spot.

Topsy Turvy - Whoa, I do not recommend going from Power Outage to this one. Little overwhelming on the ears. Nice arrangement here, but maybe something with the samples seemed off to me. I don't know for sure (I really don't know anything technical to offer advice on), but I'm sure one of the reviews will be more specific. I still enjoyed this one, since Top Man is one of my favorites from Mega Man 3.

Riding the Avalanche - Very well orchestrated and executed in general. As I've said in the past, though, I'm not a huge fan of orchestrations. Really thought it was well done, though, and I can't really think of any flaws with it (except, perhaps, that it was too short). Nicely done!

Electric Sheep - Another top contender for my top 3. There was something maybe a bit off-putting about something in the production, but I can't really put my finger on it. I still really enjoyed it, though, and excellent work on making such a long song that doesn't get boring. I may still go back and change my vote if I'm so inclined later this week. Great stuff!

Solidity - Nice, another long one! I seriously thought about this one as a top 3. The arrangement was well executed, and the production was mostly pristine, with the possible exception of the leads being somewhat drowned out by the other instruments at times. This one not making it onto the top three was another personal preference judgment.

Phenomenal mixes this round!!:nicework:

Only two voters so far? Is everyone paralyzed from voting because of the pure awesomeness and ass-kickery of the tracks?

Cuz I know I am.

I actually haven't even listened yet :( I've been focusing on starting my mix for this week. I'll take a listen soon! I probably won't vote till late in the week though so I have time to fully appreciate each mix.