Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

Bah, I don't care what y'all say. It wasn't meant to be a put-down. They play Kenny G in elevators, and Kenny G's a badass.

@chthonic: We just had this conversation. Nearly everyone who voiced an opinion said that they vote mainly or purely based on how much they enjoyed things, regardless of the compo guidelines.

In my case Bias has a lot to do with my votes and I never hide it. I won't take it to the extreme and vote every song that has a semblance of metal on it (for example) but it does adds to my enjoyment, which is the main criteria for me.

Arrangement is something I do take in account a lot tho. A great and original arrangement will will me over an 80s song anyday. What a great arrangement is, is subjective as well, just to further the point that every vote here is subjective and should be taken as is.

@chthonic: We just had this conversation. Nearly everyone who voiced an opinion said that they vote mainly or purely based on how much they enjoyed things, regardless of the compo guidelines.

you use the word "we" as if I had also participated in the conversation

when at this moment I still haven't even seen the conversation

I'm confused as to when you got the impression I was talking to or about you

i for one love mellow bossa nova elevator music.

it's one of my many musical quirks

i mean for fucks sake we like VIDEO GAME music. that's as lame as you can get

now everyone shut the fuck up

If there was a 'like' option for posts, I would've instantly done so for this one; I love you Justin :D

Sidenote: I would have gone with "tushy" rather than "caboosey," personally.

Yeah, Brandon said that he was finding it hard to find a word that rhymed with 'sushi' so he ended up deforming a similar-ish word to better fit. Though, given the 'not-right-in-the-head' mentality that I wrote in the little back-stories for the BGR team prior to Round 1 I think it somehow fits the mentality hilariously well. :razz:

On that subject, to further add to the awesomeness/hilarity,

. Random fact: I originally was to do the first two lines until it was re-shifted to Brandon's Mega Man role, which would explain it sounding a little weird at the beginning. :wink:

Hi all,

Long time OCR listener but first time poster. I wanted to let you all know that this competition is what made me finally break down and create an account. I wanted to stop by and let you all know what an awesome job you are all doing! I have listened to previous competitions and albums on here, but this is truly a great collection. I only regret not voting in the earlier rounds.

If I may, I wanted to list some shout outs to tracks I cannot put down, most of these are from Round II, for some reason, its a personal favourite:

The Root of All Things: I love this piece, Rexy, I'm now watching your work because of it, including the WIP versions of this one. Loved the flute (now synth in the newer versions?). Just a good listen.

Far From Home: Where can I find the lyrics to this? Are they buried in this thread somewhere? Either way, very nice piece, from what I can pick out of the lyrics, it seems very interesting! Again, well done!

Shadows of Wily: Just a really fun piece, love how it flows and the use of Shadow Man just tickles my fancy, not enough MM3 related content, but MM3 was my favourite.

Light your Way: Just when I thought Flashman and Wily Castle 2-1 could not be done any more, you brought some freshness to the table. Quiet start with the guitar was a nice touch, but things just pick up at 0:33 and bust loose at 0:41 and it gets me every time. Well Done!

Liquid Metal: Sounds like you folks had fun with this one! Again, where can I find the lyrics? From what I can pick out, sounds pretty funny! Also been a fan of Splash Woman's stage theme since the MM9 album (OCR) came out.

Cold Dreams: Highlighted this one because I just like the pace and how it sounds. Hard to put my finger on what I really like about it, but that doesn't detract from it's overall impressive nature.

I Didn't have time to make this song The Song: Please finish this, please?! I really liked where you were going with this, that and bias towards MM3.

Honourable Mentions:

Wily's Inferno

Attracted to Power

Passing of the Knight

Dayquil, Nyquil

Smooth Operator

Running with Scissors

Solidity

Keep in mind I have no training or experience in music. I dabble in foley and other medium as well as video, etc but I am not very technical in this area so pardon my lack of in-depth critique, I'm simply a fan.

More later!

If I may, I wanted to list some shout outs to tracks I cannot put down, most of these are from Round II, for some reason, its a personal favourite:

The Root of All Things: I love this piece, Rexy, I'm now watching your work because of it, including the WIP versions of this one. Loved the flute (now synth in the newer versions?). Just a good listen.

Liquid Metal: Sounds like you folks had fun with this one! Again, where can I find the lyrics? From what I can pick out, sounds pretty funny! Also been a fan of Splash Woman's stage theme since the MM9 album (OCR) came out.

A) Yes, I'm pretty much taking a step backwards for the lead because I've figured that it's way too hard to accurately handle synth instrumentation correctly. Being primarily a keyboardist, I've come to understand what I should've done in the first place in regards to layout xP but rest assured, I'm still firm to keep working on it.

B) Assuming you missed them earlier, the lyrics to "Liquid Metal" :D

C) And yes, on an unrelated note, Corran's take on Splash Woman was beautiful; I really hope one day he'd keep refining it and send it to OCR as well :)

Far From Home: Where can I find the lyrics to this? Are they buried in this thread somewhere? Either way, very nice piece, from what I can pick out of the lyrics, it seems very interesting! Again, well done!
They're actually in the "Comments" section of the ID3 tag. Right-click on the song in the file list and select "Properties" or "Audio," or use the "File Properties" option in your music player.