Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

On that subject, to further add to the awesomeness/hilarity,
. Random fact: I originally was to do the first two lines until it was re-shifted to Brandon's Mega Man role, which would explain it sounding a little weird at the beginning. :wink:

Oh my god, this video was absolutely hilarious :lmassoff: I'd been meaning to ask how you two went about recording the vocals. I wasn't sure if you actually scream and growl like that when recording metal lyrics or if there was some heavy vocal modulation going on post-recording. Either way, good stuff. "Liquid Metal" has been getting me pumped up for work this week during my morning drive. What better way to start your day then screaming along with Brandon & Rexy? :razz:

Honourable Mentions:

Smooth Operator

Oooh, I'm an Honourable Mention. Which is way cooler than an Honorable Mention. That additional "u" just does it :mrgreen:

Thanks for taking the time to join and post man!

Hey gang! Long time OCR fan, first time posting something that's not a competition vote. Honestly, I have no idea how you guys do it, as I have zero music ability whatsoever (I can't even master the fake guitar of Guitar Hero :dstrbd:. Anyway, I just want to say thank you to all the artists who give music to this website, you guys do really, really amazing work. I want to give a shout-out to some of the tracks I've thoroughly enjoyed from some of the rounds, if you guys don't mind:

Burn the Castle: I absolutely love the way Pirate Man's theme was integrated here, not to mention the work done on the Wily stage. It's one of the tracks I haven't been able to stop listening to since I downloaded it!

Double Doctors: I just like the way the tempo increases after the intro, it got me real pumped!

No Ticket!: Probably my favorite track out of the competition thus far. Charge Man's theme is one of my favorites from five, so I may be a bit biased here, but it just sounds fantastic. I like how the Wily stage was implemented here as well in the, uh, bassline(?) throughout the song.

Wily's Inferno: Sounds straight out of like, Lord of the Rings or some other epic at the beginning, and then BAM! I thought it was real impactful, and felt like the start was just a buildup to the castle and the rest was a battle.

Light Your Way: I'll admit to being a long-time Neblix fan, so I'm a bit biased here as well, but this track is real great. The buildup at the start, the way the tracks were put together, everything about the track is top-notch.

Topsy Turvy: It's fun, fast, chaotic, and has a real good heavy beat to it. The two tracks were integrated here way better than I thought they would be from looking at the matchup.

Unto Dust: when I listen to this, I can imagine rolling through Wily's Castle as Dustman. I love the guitar work in the background through the track, I thought it really tied everything together.

Seriously, I have loved every single track to come of this so far. I admire the work you guys do, and am glad you do it! Thank you so much!:nicework:

I absolutely love how this compo is bringing some of the lurkers out of the woodwork. C'mon, the rest of you! Join in! We don't bite...much.

Seriously though, I'm really stoked at the quality of music coming out of here both from my team (whom I am very proud of so far) and from everyone else (y'all are making this stuff INTENSE!), and I'm sure everyone can say the same.

I absolutely love how this compo is bringing some of the lurkers out of the woodwork. C'mon, the rest of you! Join in! We don't bite...much.

Seriously though, I'm really stoked at the quality of music coming out of here both from my team (whom I am very proud of so far) and from everyone else (y'all are making this stuff INTENSE!), and I'm sure everyone can say the same.

Yep, I think everyone is kicking a wonderful amount of ass.

Warning: my entry next week will not kick ass for two reasons: 1) finals week, and this ain't undergrad; 2) holy shit, I've been in the worst musical dry spell since my last remix.

/bitching

Hell yes, to all of this :)

No Ticket!: Probably my favorite track out of the competition thus far. Charge Man's theme is one of my favorites from five, so I may be a bit biased here, but it just sounds fantastic. I like how the Wily stage was implemented here as well in the, uh, bassline(?) throughout the song.

Thanks pal, I'm honored! Stay tuned :D