Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

Totally Tubular Fortress -- ALL YOUR TRACKS SOUND THE SAME!!

Yep. I am aware this retro thing of mine is getting, shall we say, old. But as I said I had basically no time to work on this, I actually wanted my last mix to be an euphoric trance mix to go one decade ahead of cold dreams again, but I found myself a bit rusty so I had to go with something that I was currently familiar with to be able to deliver something decent.

Still glad you enjoyed it despise being a bit more of the same. Hopefully I get to do something different in the special round :).

Halite – Loved this one as soon as I heard it, and it saved me the trouble of having to pick between the other awesome songs this round. I also loved that the entire team collaborated on it, and I would love to know who did what. Very nice transitions between the two sources, great production. Just a great song overall.

Cool, glad you liked it! It did turn out pretty good, Rozo did a nice job putting everything together. For who did what: I wrote the epiano intro (Rozo selected the instrument and effects) and Phonetic Hero did some of the accompanying percussion elements (except the bitcrushed kick & snare)

Halite -- Gorgeous intro.

Thank you ;-)

The previous 2 posts have been 110% fact.

Thank you.

If the silver surfer's failure (see: default) pose isn't one of the stock avatars on OCR, it should be.

Ah, I forgot about that old NES game. I should remember since I've seen that screen countless times because that game was SO FRICKEN' HARD

If the silver surfer's failure (see: default) pose isn't one of the stock avatars on OCR, it should be.

If it were a stock avatar, I would consider changing my avatar of three years to that.

Also, to anyone listening to my remixes in this compo (as well as elsewhere) it should be obvious that this game's soundtracks is one of my biggest influences. No joke.

yeah yeah, this is embarrassing. apologies to my teammates for not even being in touch, I really meant to try and put something together on thursday/friday but some stuff ended up happening and I just wasn't able to do it. really, really didn't care much for the source tune either (also regretting the one I picked :P), so anything I could've come up with would have been really forced, if not a glorified midi-rip.

anyway, yeah. sorry, fellow Beats.

yeah yeah, this is embarrassing. apologies to my teammates for not even being in touch, I really meant to try and put something together on thursday/friday but some stuff ended up happening and I just wasn't able to do it. really, really didn't care much for the source tune either (also regretting the one I picked :P), so anything I could've come up with would have been really forced, if not a glorified midi-rip.

Yea

Does this mean that, as punishment, there will be a special Round 11 wherein Halc is the sole remixer for 12 different songs using 12 teams' different sources (+the Wily source)? Cuz that would be awesome.

<.< darkesword's gonna be mad at me.. i better say something on topic... Good luck Rexy, we're all counting on you to win this round :D

Time Limit...FAIL?