Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

PH is tied with me, on sources - Dust, Blizzard, Magnet, Wily 3-1, Wily 3 boss and Schala's theme (I told y'all I'd put it in there).

Oh nice, Wily 3-1 and Wily 3-2 are two great Wily themes we didn't get to remix in the main part of the compo. I did a Wily 3-2 solo part in our mix cause I wanted to remix that theme so much hah :smile:

From what I can recall, the BGR is representing with Plant Man, Hornet Man, Splash Woman, Wily Machine 6... and ALSO a hint of Schala thrown in somewhere. Looks like there's two similar frame of minds around here, eh Gario? :razz:

Awwww shiat, you're STEALIN' MAH IDAEAS!!

:banghead:

EDIT: Did anyone else feel like the act of putting in a shitload of sources at once makes the song sound like an original piece of music? That's what my track feels like, to me - an original that pays homage to Mega Man and Schala. I'm very interested in hearing what everyone else did with their tracks.

Awwww shiat, you're STEALIN' MAH IDAEAS!!

:banghead:

EDIT: Did anyone else feel like the act of putting in a shitload of sources at once makes the song sound like an original piece of music? That's what my track feels like, to me - an original that pays homage to Mega Man and Schala. I'm very interested in hearing what everyone else did with their tracks.

The way I wrote, it was taking different elements from each source and merging them; Needle Man bass with Crystal Man melody and Charge Man arpeggios, stuff like that. So mine feels really UNoriginal to me. I still like it a lot though :D

Yeah, a similar approach was taken out here as well - the Plant Man A-melody apparently made a good bass riff, Wily Machine 6's components made for appropriate backing, Splash Woman's A-melody also made for a good rhythm line, and even Hornet once contributed to some short string attack work somewhere (!!). To me it still sounds very Mega Man, though I can also say the writing has "matured" somewhat too. You'll decipher how when it gets unleashed. :wink:

But it'll be neat to see how everyone all chipped in. Let's see the contest end in style, and best of luck to all :)

Yeah or Wily Machine 9. After people were going crazy for there being no Wily Machine 9 mix on the MM9 album from last year :smile:

To be fair, it was contemplated, but A) stylstically it didn't work with the track's direction, and B) I didn't think there was enough actual melody to work with its given purpose. We're still cool with #6 though :wink:

Jake did the first part of the mix and I rushed the second part, but my part suuuuucks... Not enough time... :sad:

While I'm really excited to hear the new mixes, I'm disappointed that some teams weren't able to put something together or weren't able to put the time they wanted into it.

Hopefully those teams who felt like they didn't have enough time can finish up and post them in the WIP forums. With so many sources used, there's definitely the potential for the mixes to be pretty epic.

Yeah...

Felt kinda terrible I don't have much to show for this round...ran out of time, and the mistakes are purely my own. Enjoy what's there...and I look forward to seeing what Chernabogue came up with. :D

Good luck to everyone this round. :)

That sucks, but it happens.

I still hope to hear a finished product from you, though!!

I can't wait to see what the names were. I mean, four sources (minimum)... there should be some good ones! :D

I jokingly suggested going with "A Crystal Needle Charges Up Wily's Ass" or "The Revolting Robots Ravage Wily's Rampart", but we went with "Amp" instead. It's simple, musically relevant, and meaningful because it's the first letter of each of our team member's names: Ad, Matt, & Pete.