Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

Stop being such a weenie. Saddle up, eat more mussels, and get back in the game hot stuff

I have "The Wicker Man" playing in my head now, 'cept it's "NOT THE MUSSELS! NO!! NOT THE MUSSELS... AAAHHHHGHGHWWLWELEW..." You just can't even imagine what regurgitated shellfish looks like...

(pete is referring to when i ate a pound of iffy homecooked, curried + bulgarian-style mussels the other night, threw them up, witnessed my gastric hellspawn, and then responded to the sight with more bivalvular vomit. terrible.)

What about people who weren't in it last year..?

Edit: Oh, I get it now. We pick the some as we picked last year: NOTHING

It's just how it always ends up. The same people pick the same character they had in the last competition. There seriously needs to be some kind of moderation for that.

It's just how it always ends up. The same people pick the same character they had in the last competition. There seriously needs to be some kind of moderation for that.

If you'll excuse my refutation of this...

Exactly two people chose the same RM, out of 16 that had competed in previous compos. Those two are Brandon (who has a weird fascination with Splash Woman :P) and Chernabogue (Crash Man). Otherwise:

Hylian Lemon (Hornet wily, Hard 2011)

Willrock (Air wily, Elec 2011, Flash 2010)

halc (Blade wily, Time 2010)

prophetik (Dust wily, Spring 2011)

Sir NutS (Blizzard wily, Heat 2011) (lol that's kinda ironic :P)

Gario (Magnet wily, Wind 2011)

geoffio (Tomahawk wily, Skull 2011)

Main Finger (Gemini wily, Napalm 2011)

Cyril (Shade wily, Blade 2011, Cold 2010)

Xarnax (Spark wily, Knight 2011)

neblix (Flash wily, Plug 2011, Galaxy 2010)

Rozovian (Crystal wily, Chill 2011)

LuketheX (Skull wily, Slash 2010)

Jakesnke (Grenade wily, Snake 2011)

I'm not counting TGH, even though he's had Bubble Man both times, he didn't pick this year, he just replaced Emunator, who had already picked Bubble Man.

not meant to offend or anything, I just like making lists. :3

actually, only 16 of the 36 themes were re-picked. That's 20 new themes since the last grmrb, not counting 2010 (which had maybe one or two). And a 44% repick rate isn't that unusual, since there aren't THAT many themes to pick (about 88 ) and considering that some themes will be picked more often than others (Elec, Heat, Air, Flash) and some won't be picked much at all, and some really adventurous noobs (who pick stupid things like Search Man), it's not that overbearing.

just speculation

EDIT: Some quick calculations:

Over three GRMRBs, 64% (56 of 88 ) of the robot master themes have been picked. And with 84 total participants in the three compos (counting every time someone has entered, so I counted Will three times, for example) only 29% of this year's picks were repicks from both years, and from all years 31% of all participants repicked from previous years.

also 96% of statistics are made up on the spot

but these weren't

really

actually, only 16 of the 36 themes were re-picked. That's 20 new themes since the last grmrb, not counting 2010 (which had maybe one or two). And a 44% repick rate isn't that unusual, since there aren't THAT many themes to pick (about 88 ) and considering that some themes will be picked more often than others (Elec, Heat, Air, Flash) and some won't be picked much at all, and some really adventurous noobs (who pick stupid things like Search Man), it's not that overbearing.

just speculation

EDIT: Some quick calculations:

Over three GRMRBs, 64% (56 of 88 ) of the robot master themes have been picked. And with 84 total participants in the three compos (counting every time someone has entered, so I counted Will three times, for example) only 29% of this year's picks were repicks from both years, and from all years 31% of all participants repicked from previous years.

also 96% of statistics are made up on the spot

but these weren't

really

That was a nice story.

Seriously, though, good stats to have. Did you count Tengu Man's three different themes (PSX, Saturn, and MM&B)? You should publish the list of robot masters who haven't been chosen yet to entice people to take on fresh robot masters in future compos.

EDIT:

Fix'd again

I wasn't actually saying that no new robot masters were ever picked, I was just saying that some people pick some robot masters that other different people had chosen in previous competitions.

I LOL'ed though.

I guess I should have clarified. People always pick the same ol Robot Masters. No one ever takes the adventurous stride in these competitions. It's always Flash Man, Snake Man, Cut Man, Metal Man, Bubble Man etc.

Never Clown Man, Junk Man, Cloud Man, Burst Man, Centaur Man, Aqua Man, Sword Man etc.

Just want to see more of the lesser known/remixed RMs instead of the same old ones.

Can't really complain about Mavericks but I see a lot from the first X game the most.

I guess I should have clarified. People always pick the same ol Robot Masters. No one ever takes the adventurous stride in these competitions. It's always Flash Man, Snake Man, Cut Man, Metal Man, Bubble Man etc.

Never Clown Man, Junk Man, Cloud Man, Burst Man, Centaur Man, Aqua Man, Sword Man etc.

Just want to see more of the lesser known/remixed RMs instead of the same old ones.

Can't really complain about Mavericks but I see a lot from the first X game the most.

but i have math on my side

your argument is invalid

:lol:

and fun fact metal man has only been picked once. 2010 by Cerrax.

not to mention I took an adventurous stride

what am i chopped rush bolts

but i have math on my side

your argument is invalid

:lol:

and fun fact metal man has only been picked once. 2010 by Cerrax.

not to mention I took an adventurous stride

what am i chopped rush bolts

I guess my argument was never meant to be people picking the same robot master as they did previously. I also didn't mean that the ones I listed as 'most popular' were ones picked a lot in previous competitions. Those are simply the ones that stand out the most and are usually the first to be snatched up due to popularity of Mega Mans 2 and 3.

I commend you for taking a much lesser known/liked Robot Master and making remixes with him. I was also surprised to see Blizzard, Cold, Skull and Pirate Man in this years comp.

I was equally disappointed to not see ones such as Pharaoh, Toad, Bright, Drill, Dive, Ring and Bomb Man. There is always next time and I hope people read this post and take the initiative to branch out from the well known RMs to the lesser known and make awesome music with their source tunes.