Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

Great, thanks for posting the results Darke!

I did however notice one error with the Round 10 tallies. "Amp" definitely scored more points than "In the reading of this title". Just comparing SectorZ's tally sheet with the sheet in the first post, it's not even close. I just did a quick count myself and "In the reading..." should have 34 votes, while "Amp" does indeed have 55 votes. That changes the Round 10 point breakdown, with The Mega Ballers getting the final 10-point spot, and the Block Rockman Beats getting the 7-point spot.

This does not impact the final standings though, BRB still has 1st place overall.

Well done everyone! Knew block rockman beats would do well, but never expected to actually win! Thanks to halc and nutritious for helping out with this, and of course, great tracks from everyone!

Some great tracks from this competition, some of the ones I particularly enjoyed were Dubious Brother, Far From Home and Shadows of Wily to name a few :)

Well done everyone! Knew block rockman beats would do well, but never expected to actually win! Thanks to halc and nutritious for helping out with this, and of course, great tracks from everyone!

Some great tracks from this competition, some of the ones I particularly enjoyed were Dubious Brother, Far From Home and Shadows of Wily to name a few :)

>One of the best remixers on OCR makes a team with two of the best remixers on OCR

>Doesn't expect to win

yeaaaaah

Also, I liked The Fall. A lot. And a lot of other tracks too. But mostly The Fall.

<3

If I get better at this whacky rock remix thing, maybe I'll revisit it with more awesomer production. Or just make something better, who knows.

I don't like picking favourites, but I must say that Top This and Wily's Bubble Bath stood out quite a bit for me. But I still listen to several mixes from the competition every now and then.

I don't like picking favourites, but I must say that Top This and Wily's Bubble Bath stood out quite a bit for me.

My day has been made. :-D

Agreed, there were quite a few great mixes which came out of this compo. I'll second Mirby--Synthesize This! was one of my very favorites from the entire compo, but that'd be just the tip of the iceberg in terms of how many great mixes there were in here. I'm also really proud of my teammates' tracks; I think they turned out rather spectacularly, if I'm allowed to say that.

Dunno if I'll ever have the time to do something like this again...aw, heck, who am I kidding? I'd totally jump on it if I thought I could squeeze it in sideways. Nice work, everyone!

FWIW, the tracks that made into my daily shuffle playlist are Red Chamomile, Wily's Inferno, Blast Counter, Far From Home, and The Fall.

The tracks that made it into my permanent collection but not my everyday playlist are A Swarm of Voxels, Hornet of Legend, Splash Damage, The Root of All Things, Dr. Wiwwy Polarized, Magnus Divinicus Chiptunicus, and The Knight Who Says ROCK!

I don't think I voted for many of those--either there were entries I thought were technically better despite my not liking the genre, or I felt other entries made better use of the sources--but these are the ones I enjoyed the most.

I'd list all the tracks that I kept in my collection, but there are 81 of them, so that might be a bit excessive. A quick skim through the artists of those tracks, though, seems to indicate that I've got at least one track from each competitor in there. So great job, everyone!

but that means that you have one of my songs

and thats wrong

Nah, it's not wrong at all - people like what they hear. I brought over a handful of tracks from the compo onto my iPod as well, which indeed included the Gentlemasters' final collab "When Robots Collide" (another one you were involved in :razz: ). I quite liked that one on the first go around - reminded me a little bit of Skapara when discussing it with WillRock about a couple of months back :)