Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

Addressing Cold Steel and their troubles in getting in contact with Nekofrog - I've seen him in IRC a few times over the past couple of days, so if you got a moment swing by #ocremix and see what's going on. Alternatively, if you're on Youtube you can find him there too (same name and everything).

I know you guys can pull together :)

I'll take that double negative, no prob.

An hour and a half into my remix, I'd surprisingly produced a lot of music. I sat back and thought, "Wow, this it the best music I've ever come up wi-" POWER FUCKING SURGE.

Starting over from scratch now... *sigh*

I guess that means laptops are the way to go should you need to replace your computer. Power surges = just relying on the battery during the downtime, so should be more convenient, but don't quote me on that o_O

Well, it's Nekofrog's turn to mix so we'll see how that goes given the circumstances. I don't know if he's still out of the country or what.

He's been back for a bit.

I'll take that double negative, no prob.

There's a difference between a double negative that can be ignored and one that changes the meaning of the sentence. :P

Also, don't you use FL? FL has an autosave feature, make sure you turn it on. :smile: Options > File Settings

Lesson learn't.

Oh well, I have it pretty much back to where it was... just kinda sucks I had to redesign a bunch of patches. Somehow, though, it sounds juuuust a bit better now :D

Maybe the power surge electrified your musics? :)

EDIT: One play-through of the mixes so far. Great job everyone! I'll post some impressions a bit later.

With the strength of the sources...the arrangement was my primary concern in my voting. Rexy's was the only one to satisfy me in that department, and with enough on the production side that I gave her's my 1st place vote. Of course Nutritious and WillRock was close, and the third place vote was a pickem as far as I was concerned.

Did everyone bring their A game for the first round and then trail off for this one? What happened?

With the strength of the sources...the arrangement was my primary concern in my voting. Rexy's was the only one to satisfy me in that department, and with enough on the production side that I gave her's my 1st place vote. Of course Nutritious and WillRock was close, and the third place vote was a pickem as far as I was concerned.

Did everyone bring their A game for the first round and then trail off for this one? What happened?

The hell're you talking about? I was pretty proud of my track, but as soon as I started listening to the others, I'm all kindsa discouraged :P This week turned out pretty solidly in my opinion... not too sure what you're upset about

But hey, even though my track may not fare as well as I hoped, hooray for being the only one to work with both major AND minor sources

I think thats a little harsh as well, but interesting you aren't the only one with that opinion i've spoken to.

I do think that the first round had a more consistent output (but lets be honest, it was a fucking great round) but this has had some great mixes come out of it as well. Over half of these I plan to keep, which is probably the same as last rounds output considering it was smaller, and these days i'm much more critical of music overall so I'd say its a triumph

I say it depends by team. The cases for Skull Men/Energy Tank are a-given, and I have to say that I preferred PH's track for the Mega Ballers and Amphibious's for the Gentlemaster's Club a lot more than their teammates' tracks last week. But it does seem that way to some degree.

It won't change the fact though that this will be one tough vote, though I will assure you I will have mine done before I head down south on Thursday.