Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

Only two voters so far? Is everyone paralyzed from voting because of the pure awesomeness and ass-kickery of the tracks?
Almost the opposite, actually. I don't feel like the OCR superstars in this round brought their A games to it, but the submissions of the underdogs were pretty solid. It's going to be a pretty tight round, I think.

Also, I voted early in the first week and kept second-guessing myself (ended up sticking with my picks in the end, though). I won't do that again.

Almost the opposite, actually. I don't feel like the OCR superstars in this round brought their A games to it, but the submissions of the underdogs were pretty solid. It's going to be a pretty tight round, I think.

Also, I voted early in the first week and kept second-guessing myself (ended up sticking with my picks in the end, though). I won't do that again.

"OCR superstars" would probably be most of the artists this round (at least 7 out of 10), and I would heartily disagree that any of their songs were substandard.

Granted, many mixes perhaps didn't represent the respective artists' finest work. Then again, they had a week to produce their songs.

It almost sounds like you're disappointed with this week's crop, and if that's the case, you should perhaps lower your unreasonably high expectations.

If you heard "Running With Scissors" and thought it was by an unknown remixer, would you still think that he didn't bring his "A game" to it?

Don't let your prejudices about an OCR artist influence what you think about a song. Just listen to it before you look at the artist's name and think, "oh this isn't nearly as good as their last song XXXXXXX."

Well, the theme is pretty sweet this week... unfortunately I'm out of town, this time around visiting family, so I won't really have an opportunity to work on it. Sir_Nutz or Prophet will need to take this one, I think.

And yeah, I changed a vote after giving a thorough listen to everything, sorry if that caused any problem.

No problems on my end :D

Am I the only dude alive from The Skull Men? :???:

It sure look like this... so, what's happening, are you the only one left in the team, and did someone replace Emunator in the Hard Men team?

EDIT: Maybe you will replace Emunator and you guy's will become the Hard Skull Men... Well, I'm just saying, I don't know if Darke will agree with this

@WillRock, seriously dude, I really love your Air Man part in your music but I was wandering what kind of under story I don't know to call your music Air Man in a G-String

Multiple puns abound... While the first thing that came to mind for me was Bach, other people might be thinking of less appropriate things. Almost certain that he was going for both, there.

Almost the opposite, actually. I don't feel like the OCR superstars in this round brought their A games to it, but the submissions of the underdogs were pretty solid. It's going to be a pretty tight round, I think..

superstar? thats a good one lol sorry i dont really consider myself an ocr superstar. im not that well known ...yet

It almost sounds like you're disappointed with this week's crop, and if that's the case, you should perhaps lower your unreasonably high expectations.
My expectations are informed by the previous compos as well as the previous work of the same artists. For instance, I feel like Treasure Hunter was much better than Air Man in a G string.

If every one of the competitors brought some of their best work this round, it honestly wouldn't be that hard of a decision--it would come down to likeability for the best composers of the lot (and the less-experienced wouldn't have a chance). Because each has some noteworthy flaws--not enough source material here, a bit of dissonance there--it's a tough call.

Ok, this goes out to Xarnax42:

'Power Outage' is awesome - I love it. Though you've got a long way to go when it comes to production, and the sample quality isn't phenomenal, I love the general direction you took - the whole avant-garde this gets me every time. I'm not sure what your other stuff sounds like, but it seems like everything you've done here is measured and has purpose... though some may think it quite random. I can't really explain it any other way, but I tell you, as soon as that vocoder came in, all I could feel was the spirit of Laurie Anderson coursing through my veins. "O Supermaaaaaannnnn' ....

...although, I don't think she's passed on quite yet...

This reminds me a lot of her overall actually, and bits and pieces gave me an almost Antony & the Johnsons vibe, especially some of the tones in your voice. But this is most definitely unique. Seriously... so, so much promise. Invest more time into mixing and production, and get some better samples, and you'll go far. Lots of great ideas in here, and I've listened to it a fair few times over since I downloaded the Round 3 Package. You have a great voice too... I'd love to hear it with a little more crispness next time! :D

Great stuff - just thought I'd tell you how much I'm enjoying your entry!!!

It's a week long round but it's not the only thing people have going on in their lives... most of the entrants probably make their song in a day or two under a lot of pressure. Enjoy the music and cut them some slack.

This is so very, very true. Honestly, I probably don't have time to start my mix until Monday which sucks because I generally get most of my mixing work done on the weekends in these compos. But alas, aside from my full time job I have other obligations with their own deadlines that will suck away my free time this week.

It's gonna be hectic, but I will still try to make something worthy of your votes.

@WillRock, seriously dude, I really love your Air Man part in your music but I was wandering what kind of under story I don't know to call your music Air Man in a G-String

It was indeed bach. Prophecy kept badgering me about changing it from Air on a G string to Air in a G string tho... BLAME HIM! HE'S HE CULPRIT! :D

@At mindwanderer - I appreciate your opinion, Treasure Hunter is a fan favorite, alot of people think thats the pinnacle of my work, so I can see why you don't think this is quite as good. That said, I dunno why you're comparing Air in a G String with Treasure Hunter, thats like comparing apples with oranges :P

Badger? Badger? I did no stinking badgering! It was more like a bribe.

A bribe suggests that you offered me money or some other form of favour or desirable in order to corrupt my original naming of my re-arrangement of these exquisite pieces of music. You did no such thing, you just kept asking me to do it which is another way of saying badgering, no bribing involved.

A bribe suggests that you offered me money or some other form of favour or desirable in order to corrupt my original naming of my re-arrangement of these exquisite pieces of music. You did no such thing, you just kept asking me to do it which is another way of saying badgering, no bribing involved.

Alright, if you're gonna deny it in public, then consider your supply cut off.

superstar? thats a good one lol sorry i dont really consider myself an ocr superstar. im not that well known ...yet

Well, then, people are missing out.

Pretension: Pretty awesome

Above the Clouds: Awesome

Final Progression: Very Awesome

Anoplophora (yeah, I know it's not on OCR yet): Very awesome