Jenova - 80's Electro Style

Anti-Syne

So I've been working on this for the last few hours now, 80's style, so lots of big snares, vibrato synths, stabbed bass notes and retro orchestra hits! It's mostly Jenova, but there are parts of the main battle theme worked in there too.

It's not finished yet but I thought at this point I should ask some opinions on how it's going, what you'd change about it etc...

Hope you enjoy it!

stats.png

Love the concept but i feel like the melody kind of suffers at this tempo! The groove is great but the melody feels a little sluggish to me. Perhaps it's because i'm used to it being so fast... but perhaps not.

Either way, I enjoyed this a lot. Around the middle with just bass + drums + one monophonic synth line i felt it was a little empty.

The inclusion of the battle theme is a great but i think it would be perfect as an outro riff.

keep working on it though.

Once again you've taken something and really made it interesting. Jenova is a pretty tired source, but this makes it fun to listen to again.

That beginning blurb is awesome. I would love you if you would give it some more airtime.

There are a few synths that get a little repetitious (like that swell synth string thingy, for example). Given the style, the instruments work well, but somesynths have too much airtime for too long.

I agree with Calum on the line in the middle. It was a empty for a bit too long, there.

Good shit here, though. The arrangement is golden, as usual, and the production is good.