Want a small, credited, voice only role in a short film?

Anti-Syne

Hi all,

Myself and two other guys are currently making a short indie film, looking to release it around April/May of next year.

Without giving too much away, the plot centers around a man consigned to life in a gas mask after an apocalyptic event (think 'The Road'/'I am Legend' sort of thing).

Anyway, the opening scene features quick cut montages of news reports from around the world indicating how the 'end of world' event happened, and this is where you come in!

We need some very brief, audio only, news report-like lines recorded by you people from around the world, which you can then send to me for us to put into the film as radio broadcast snippets. Any and all accents are welcome as we want this scene to have a global feel.

We can't offer any payment for this sadly (it's very low budget, we won't be making any money from it ourselves) but we will of course credit you for your small part and will be massively grateful. Also unfortunately I can't guarantee right now that your line would make it into the final edit, I see no reason why it shouldn't if your recording is good enough, but thought I should say anyway.

I reckon getting the line recorded and sent back to me should be no more than a 20 minute job at most, so if you've got a bit of spare time please give it a thought.

Anyone will do as long as they:

A) Can give a convincing newsreader performance (basically serious voice, do it in your own voice rather than an impression)

B) Have a semi-decent microphone and recording software to produce a decent recording.

C) Can send me their recording, preferably via email.

D) Are, or at least sound like, an adult (sorry kids!)

In terms of recording quality I'd prefer completely unprocessed (i.e. no compression, e.q. etc) files in .wav format to be recorded at a 48k sample rate at 24bit if possible.

If any of you are genuinely interested please send me a private message on here and I can assign you your short, single line and give you my email for you to send the audio file to. Of course please message me with any questions you might have.

There's no strict deadlines, just an ASAP sort of thing. We just have 12 lines that need recording, if possible we'd like 12 different people for these 12 lines.

Hope to hear from you!

(p.s. if you're really interested, you can follow our updates on the project via twitter @hd1films)

• 1 month later...

I don't think anyone likes their own voice. I record other people for audiobooks and the best voice i've ever worked with refuses to do any more because when I played it back to him he cringed... He had a lovely deep, rich, gravelly voice but in his own head its different to what we here...

That said, I've tried recording my own voice and working with that. Can't spend the necessary time editing it to get anything good because the experience just isn't pleasant :(

Yeah if you have anything left...I'd give it a shot too. People always told me I had a good voice and should've been in radio. This could be a chance to prove them wrong or right. :razz:

I don't think anyone likes their own voice. I record other people for audiobooks and the best voice i've ever worked with refuses to do any more because when I played it back to him he cringed... He had a lovely deep, rich, gravelly voice but in his own head its different to what we here...

Yeah lol. When you hear yourself talk, you hear it through all the bone and tissue in your head as well as your ears. So it sounds different when you hear it on a recording....most people just blame the recording gear.