Megaman book series

Wardonis

I've long been a fan of OCR that said I have a special announcement:

Greetings mega man fans. This is Wardonis from Team Omega here with a special announcement. We are currently working on a ten book mega series of novels named Temporal Requiem. At the moment we are releasing very few details. I will say, however, that this story begins with Dr.Light in his late teens and will conclude well after the end of the legends series. Megaman, Megaman X, Megaman Zero and Megaman legends will all be fully included along with huge amounts of original material. Fear not, while we are adding to and embellishing the mega man universe we will not be making any changes. The stories of each and every game for all 4 series will be fully adhered to. The first book titled: Beginnings, Is tentatively scheduled for release in Aug 2012. As that date approaches we will be releasing additional information a quite possibly a teaser along the way.

Could you go into further detail of how you're releasing them? Like, are you actually going to have them printed and sold or what are you going to do with them?

I'm not familiar with Team Omega so I would not have, at this moment, any idea if these were unofficial projects that Capcom might not like others to be doing or if royalties for their creative content were being honored.

Could you go into further detail of how you're releasing them? Like, are you actually going to have them printed and sold or what are you going to do with them?

I'm not familiar with Team Omega so I would not have, at this moment, any idea if these were unofficial projects that Capcom might not like others to be doing or if royalties for their creative content were being honored.

Sorry If I was unclear, its not a fanfic, we are currently in negotiations with capcom to get rights for publishing.

Team Omega is a new name, until recently we just did various projects together, we started on this as a fanfic but the story ideas blossomed and we ended up adding a few new people and the quality and quantity exploded so we decided to take this the whole way. Once that decision was made we took on the name Team Omega.

Sorry If I was unclear, its not a fanfic, we are currently in negotiations with capcom to get rights for publishing.

Not gonna happen.

If the reason why has to be explained to you, then you obviously don't know enough about publishing and licensing.

I look forward to the ensuing "discussions" that will arise from this point on.

The_Protomen_-_Act_II-_The_Father_of_Death.jpg

?????

you are awesome for knowing of The Protomen

Wardonis

My suggestion to you would be this,

If capcom declines this, which in all possibility they might.

Then the next best thing would be archie comics

Because they have a license to the megaman franchise and they might be more inclined to listen if your story is as juicy as you believe it is then they might be willing to buy the rights of it from you.

Good luck my friend.

You'll certainly need it.

It's a hate bred from disappointment. The prospect of a Mega Man book series is amazing, but that closely followed by the realization that the idea has a 99% chance of never coming to fruition is painful.

I have no doubt these guys have a great idea or two on their hands, but to make such a premature announcement on a site composed of game zealots is dangerous at best.

I think it's more that he choose a very poorly thought-out idea than anything.

His plan is tocontact a big, faceless company and ask if they can write stories based upon one of their oldest properties. No one seems to be a published writer (which would help a lot) and they honestly expect that Capcom will just say "sure, go for it!"

It smells of naiveity and it will certainly fail before it gets anywhere near where these.guys think or hope.it will.

So yeah, there's some serious (and quite frankly deserved) doubt it will ever amonut to more than a form letter saying no.

But there's a line between a friendly lie and a bitter truth. One will only hurt later, when it's too late to make a difference. The other may seem harsh, but it can make a world of difference.

TD has it right: the most serious problem, here, is that of having no previously-published authors in on the project. Even then, companies are incredibly touchy about their own intellectual property. They'd be far more likely to contact someone themselves if they wanted to have books written about their IP; someone they've already considered and would trust with the franchise.

This isn't hate, or picking on people. While it's not a bad idea to hope this can happen, give it some time, and practice. Let the idea mature while you work on your own projects. Build a portfolio. Then, perhaps, you might have a shot at this.

Best of luck!

I don't see how telling him how his plan is flawed before he starts is "hating". If anything, it should be a sign that we're caeing enough to point it out.

"Hey! That house on fire you're about to go into. Not a good idea, don't you think?" "Fucking haters..."

Except you haven't read the novels he's working on or has written. That's the thing here, we haven't saw them. You can't say it will fail if you haven't read it.

Let's see some pages. Help remove the skepticism.