A Thousand Miles - Orchestral filmscore/game soundtrack

Devastus

Which sound libraries did you use and how many different patches of the same instrument did you have to use? This sounds great man. I recently purchased some high quality sound libraries myself and was wondering how you used the sound libraries. Also, what DAW do you use?

Cool, makes me wanna do some epic music myself right now :>

It reminds me of Soul Calibur music.

Heh, Soul Calibur was definitely one of the sources of inspiration for this, glad to see it shows :smile:

Which sound libraries did you use and how many different patches of the same instrument did you have to use? This sounds great man. I recently purchased some high quality sound libraries myself and was wondering how you used the sound libraries. Also, what DAW do you use?

Mainly ProjectSAM Symphobia and EWQL Symphonic Gold, but you can achieve stuff like this with different sound libraries (and with less, I might add. I'm interested in testing out the Sonatina Orchestra library at some point, which is free). DAW is Cakewalk Sonar (or Reaper, doesn't really matter what you use as long as it works).

The lead french horn uses a patch from both libraries, layered. The other stuff is basically patches used logically in context of basic orchestra layout with little tweaks here and there to get the sound I want. The magic comes from placing separate reverbs for every section with the different z-depths in mind.

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it!