OCR01357 - Final Fantasy X-2 "Under a New Moon"

Man, I bet this took a long while to judge... :P

But yeah, Fatty and Sephfire have really come out sharply with a very peaceful track to adapt to the FFX-2 area of the site. I can recognise Fatty's usual hip-hop (?) style being integrated sharply within much of sephfire's new atmospheric additions (strings and piano most notably), and at a sharp enough production quality to be able to match. In fact, I love this thing :D

I can barely find much wrong with this, but if anything I could have asked for a bit more high-spectrum instrumentation being applied, although that could be seen as nothing more than a nitpick.

Still, it's a total counterpoint to Mythril Nazgul's debut effort while still being a neat mix to listen to. Kudos to the pair of you!

Great job! Very enjoyable to listen to, and extremely calming as well. I don't think the pretz's review emphasized the mood enough - the atmosphere created is hopeful and much too rare, and I think that it's a wonderful accomplishment. One more thing might've helped, but for me, the difference would've been marginal, because I love what I'm hearing and I'll gladly take it. Looking foward to hearing more from you!

Oh, yeah. :) I am deifinitely down with this.

It takes the original and changes the genre completely by rearranging the melody with a decent bit of remixing and putting it against a nice, soft beat. My fiance will be so thrilled to hear this song - I'm heading out to see her today, and you can bet we'll be listening to this a lot. The FFX-2 soundtrack is one of her very favorites, and she's not even a big gamer. Of course, she knows my affinity for OCRemix so I think we can agree on this on.

8/10 ^_^

Wow i am amazed on how simplistic this song is to me it is a very laid back song, you know like when things seem to go to fast for you. i think this song is by far one of the best remixes i have heard and im hoping you guys will do more X-2 remixes that are like this.

To me this songs reminds me to be laid back and not worry so much on stuff that is so averwhelming and to not get so depressed about things in hard times.

this is the first time i have written back about a remix but out of all i think this one deserves it by far, i hope you can do more songs like this i really do like them. thank's guys , TTYL >^_^< .

Not to diminish this track making it, especially since I enjoyed it myself, but how we took this and NOT Joseph's even hotter "Matoya no Fuuketsu" is beyond me. Man, what a mistake y'all.

I wholeheartedly agree. I died a little inside with that NO. :cry:

I highly recommend Fatty Acid's "Matoya no Fuuketsu" to EVERYONE, especially if you liked this remix.

Get yourself over to VGmix and download it.

While well done and very pretty, i felt the remix lacked what the original had...the soothing and ephemeral emotion. For what it was it was good, but I only heard the main melody a few times...which that simple melody was what took one away...6 out of 10...keep up the good work...if not told it was a remix of the song i would have fallen in love...

YES. Thank you! I've had Fatty's original version of Under a Full Moon on my playlist for months on end now, always hoping it would somehow make it to OCR. Finally! It's so nice to see this arrangement get some mainstream attention with sephfire's gloss on it. People who knock the piece as too minimalist are most likely missing the point of the song's style - it's atmospheric, and therefore somewhat sparse, but that's how it's able to evoke the kind of soft, haunting aura that the original track didn't quite have. The main melody teases you the entire time, never coming out in full, but setting the tone nonetheless. It sends shivers down my spine every time I close my eyes to it. Masterfully done. This is a definite keeper, and I applaud both mixers for their efforts.

• 4 weeks later...

Such a calm, peaceful remix. I like this one a lot. It is one that you would listen to at anytime. What I love a lot about this remix is that it basically is helping me through a hard time right now. A lot of bad things are going on, yet this remix always makes me smile. You did a great deed making this song. Believe me, this soul will forever be touched by it.

• 1 month later...

Even as I write this, words can't explain what I'm thinkin'. I WILL say this though. This remix was beautifilly done right down to the end. I've been listening to it for about the past hour/hour and a half. But what gets me the most is that this is just an instrumental. With how it sounds and whatnot I'd think some type of vocal arangement would be put over this. Another thing I can't get over is that when these remixes are done, the ones geared toward hip hop and the like, I find a lack of lyricists who don't step up. That and I'm never around to step up myself. But then, for all I know, I'm just making assumptions that everyone is musically multi-gifted. That's not the point. The point IS...I'm stepping up. If there is anybody, and I do mean ANYBODY, that needs a lyricist for a hip hop remix I'm your man. My Email address is on the site...contact me whenever you need.

• 1 month later...
Not to diminish this track making it, especially since I enjoyed it myself, but how we took this and NOT Joseph's even hotter "Matoya no Fuuketsu" is beyond me. Man, what a mistake y'all.

I highly recommend Fatty Acid's "Matoya no Fuuketsu" to EVERYONE, especially if you liked this remix.

WTF? THAT was rejected? :cry: That's one of my favorites over at vgmix. And this is one of my favorites as well. It just touches me... Makes me feel good.

WTF? THAT was rejected? :cry: That's one of my favorites over at vgmix. And this is one of my favorites as well. It just touches me... Makes me feel good.

Yeah, actually it still kinda bugs me. I may try to convince him to resubmit it. It may be simple, but darn it, "Matoya no Fuuketsu" was some fine work. :x

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01357 - Final Fantasy X-2 "Under a New Moon"