OCR01357 - Final Fantasy X-2 "Under a New Moon"

Being the loyal and die-hard Final Fantasy fan that I am, I was so very into the game Final Fantasy X when it was released. I was sucked-in by the plot, instantly. I simply could not wait until the sequel was released so that I could find out what happened about Yuna, and what the deal was with Tidus reappearing at the end of the game in that ocean. The music of X was wonderful. I loved EVERY bit of it. So much, that I ordered the OST straight from Japan. When I learned that Final Fantasy X-2 was being released, I was thrilled. The very day that the game was released in the United States, I rushed to the store to buy it, carried it with me to work, let it set on my desk and build up my anticipation to unbelievable amounts. When I got home, the first thing I did was put the game in. I was captivated by the opening title credits song, "Eternity - Memory of Light and Waves." Then... when I played through the rest of the game and found an utter and complete lack of similarly-styled material, I was sick at my stomach. That, plus the fact the game was more like a campy version of Girls Gone Mild: The Game. I beat the game. I got 100% on it, as a matter of fact, and got to see the "Perfect" ending. It was a mediocre ending. Nothing like I expected, and I needed to buy the soundtrack like I needed a hole in my head. So, the only song that left me with some satisfaction from the video game was Eternity. I get a somnambulant feeling while listening to this. It's a mix of my song from the game, and it is an excellent mix. Definitely worthwhile to listen to. If I had it playing in my car stereo, I would not be driving: I would be sleepwalking. It is excellent. It is ethereal. It is worthwhile and recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Message to Sephire (Who's work I'm very fond of!). Please please please may I have your permission to use this piece in an animation I am working on and submit the finished work -including music- to my DeviantArt.com gallery? It would be fantastic if you would allow me to use it since it fits the mood EXACTLY.

I love this piece, I've listened to it over and over! It's a great tune to just reminise. I liked the original too so this would naturally be really nice!

Thanks for reading!

• 4 weeks later...
Message to Sephire (Who's work I'm very fond of!). Please please please may I have your permission to use this piece in an animation I am working on and submit the finished work -including music- to my DeviantArt.com gallery? It would be fantastic if you would allow me to use it since it fits the mood EXACTLY.

I love this piece, I've listened to it over and over! It's a great tune to just reminise. I liked the original too so this would naturally be really nice!

Thanks for reading!

Sorry for the late response, but you're welcome to use it however you like. I'm sure Fatty Acid won't mind either. If he let me totally overhaul his work, I'm sure he won't mind your use. :lol:

• 2 months later...

I love listening to this driving down the freeway on a rainy day, it's so perfect. It just takes the gloominess away and puts me at peace with everything. That hip-hoppish beat and piano are amazing and they fit well together and it maintains the cleansing beauty of Eternity from the game. Keep these coming!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

This is a thing of beauty. A love song between two instruments as fine as has ever been told. As one fades, the other slides in and carries them on; then each sings its own part, which only together makes a song; and finally they intertwine and rise into twinkling chimes. I cannot help but longingly smile at the simple and honest devotion made manifest in the subtleties of this piece.

On first listen, many... months... ago, I was turned off at how upfront the drum kick and synth were in the mix. While I no longer mind the synth, the drums are still uncomfortably loud when listening at volume. But both do carry the mix, and I see why they were done as they were. If nothing else, the atmosphere becomes delicate when they dissipate, and this is timed perfectly with the more poignant sections. And, of course, the rest of the instrumentation fits beautifully.

Upon listening to the source, I cannot help be even more impressed. A very pleasant and heartfelt tune has been given an excellent interpretation, yes, but what strikes me most is how much more emotion has been infused. And I repeat myself.

This remix is the musical version of the woman you find you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Thank you, Messrs Floyd and Liao.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember hearing the FF x-2 piano arrange album and was floored by the quality of some of the tracks. Melodically, this one is really nice, and the atmosphere is really chill as well. I love the panned and slightly gated synths, and the piano bits. This is a mix that really surrounds you, and though the theme is often either in the background or otherwise obscured, it flows really nicely.

This is really a sleeper track to me- the more I listen to it, the more I love it.

Fantastic work guys, this one is beautiful.

This is absolutely lovely, I remember how elated I was when I first listened to this... it's so bubbly, it picks you up and transports you to somewhere happier for 4 and a half minutes and then drops you back down... ultimately I'm just left wanting to loop this one so I can experience that all the time :-)

I don't usually gush like this in reviews, but this one feels a lot more about the emotion created by the sounds rather than the technical aspects of the arrangement, so I wanted to comment more on how it made me feel from a subjective standpoint. This mix is beautiful and I don't think I would be acknowledging the scope of its greatness with an objective review.

Soooo good, you guys. Make more like this! ^_^

• 5 months later...

This song is perfect to listen to at night on a balcony or under stars on a cool, light breezy night,

Or as a slow dance song w/ your significant other,

Or just in a romantic setting in general.

This song, if it's missing anything, is just the environment factor. It's relaxing and calming, yes. But compare listening to it while in the subway/train or generally in a hectic area, versus listening to it under one of the given conditions above.

That may just be the reason why the judges felt that something was missing.

Not sure exactly how the remixers intended this song to be taken, but this is how I took it and that really brought it out to the best of it's potential for me.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01357 - Final Fantasy X-2 "Under a New Moon"
  • 2 years later...

I've been putting this one on repeat quite a lot recently. If I want to listen to something before sleep or just when going for a walk, this will be one of my picks, no doubt. It's just insanely good, certainly one of the best chill remixes I've ever heard. Incredibly smooth from the very first to the very last second. Like, I cannot just say how much I love this track. Especially love the call-and-response between two pianos at 1:50 - so sweet. And the overall usage of those instruments is beyond any praise. And the whole track too. Absolutely fantastic collab! Gonna loop it a few more times, I think ;)