Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

• 2 weeks later...

After however long it was since I posted the stupid rant, I still regret having made it. It truly does hurt, having made they who are giving selflessly their time and talents feel not only underappreciated, but insulted by someone who should be grateful for their service. Though nobody seems mad about it anymore, I still feel the need to apologize again, and hope that, at whatever time you deem worthy, we will all enjoy the fruits of your labor and thank you for the years of time it took to bring it to us.

(Sorry if I sounded insincere [what with the annoying prose, simply saying 'sorry!' didn't seem appopriate], but I thought an apology was in order, even though I already did apologize, and hope there aren't any hard feelings)

On topic, though: I can't wait to see the finished project, though, especially after seeing a change in the completion list! n_n

Right now Prophet and Mono are hovering quite close to being finished with the remixes they've been working on. I bugged Andy Jayne a couple weeks ago about his song since it's basically finished, but I haven't seen him on to bug him again since then. I really just need a .wav and a title for that one and it's finished. I think pu is still alive... But then he might be dead. I'm not sure if Sixto is still reworking Chaotic Heart or not, but even if he doesn't the version there is awesome enough to be one of my favorite tracks on the project.

Holy crap, I think we're actually ALMOST DONE! WHAT THE FUCK?!

Actually, I still need to talk to the pretzelman regarding things about websiteness... Dammit, I suck lately. Oh well, it'll happen eventually.

Rhyhon needs to stay far away from any kind of notion of seeding this :<

Good to hear of the recent progress! Makes me feel gooey inside ^_^

Also... I think they did a great job on character development in ToS. I love all of the 8 party members a lot. I hope that when the sequel comes out on Wii this year that they'll let you have a little time with each of them (and not just have to fight them...). It'd be fuckin' FANTASTIC if they could hire the same voice actors, but... who knows. Nintendo funded the localization for ToS, and I'm not sure they've committed to this one just yet.

ANYWAY, w00t for SoS!

Don't worry, that'll pass. Very quickly.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. It's a shame that said party member went through a lot since even the seal of fire, but I suppose we can associate. (If it helps, I'm now in possession of the Rheairds; quick-random-battle-evasion-while-looking-for-treasure, here I come!)

I too seem to have good hope for the follow-up as well. Assuming that the Tales Studio have been consistent, we might see something polished, and even if the voice actors face a change it's not going to bother me because I saw it happen in a lot of franchises I've followed in the past, and I didn't let it get to me. (and seriously, they NEED to bring in Kratos somewhere, even if he wouldn't be used in your character party.)

Kyle, I know you're probably a little late but I'm ready to try one more track to help speed things along. Since The Prophet took my initial proposal for As Time Goes On (it's ok though, I'm sure he can do better than me), I looked in the soundtrack and thought I could do something with The Final Act. Is that okay with you?

Also... I think they did a great job on character development in ToS. I love all of the 8 party members a lot. I hope that when the sequel comes out on Wii this year that they'll let you have a little time with each of them (and not just have to fight them...). It'd be fuckin' FANTASTIC if they could hire the same voice actors, but... who knows. Nintendo funded the localization for ToS, and I'm not sure they've committed to this one just yet.

I have the same hope too, but if Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology is any indication, we might be in trouble. Scott Menville (Lloyd) and Kari Wahlgren (Raine) were replaced by Brian Beacock and Tara Platt (Tara was Noir/Nebilim in Tales of the Abyss, among many other things) respectively. However, everybody's favorite -- Cam Clarke, as Kratos -- was still around, as was Genis' original VA.

Considering TotW:RM wasn't one of the main games in the series, there's still a chance they'll bring the heavy hitters back in. Either way, as Rexy said, the replacements are generally capable enough to not be a distraction.

Also, yay SoS.

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History