Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

Look at it this way, guys... it's never going to be "perfect." You put in your love and time, you have some work to show for it, and the project is finally coming out later this year, all told.

Personally, I'd think you have a few months to bang out an "improved" version, if you so choose. That's a decent ammount of time if you just worked on one or two, depending on how fast you work. In the meantime, there's a finished product waiting to be released. Obviously, only you guys can make the final call, but me? I'd like there to be something released for a track rather than nothing.

If you honestly think your old work is going to drag the project down in terms of public reception and you'd rather just opt out instead of redo the track, well... honestly, let's just say I'd be pretty surprised if you could get me to agree to that after I listened to the track myself. I'd chalk it up to just being really hard on yourself.

If anyone pulls their track from this project, I'll kill them. And then I'll have them brought back to life just so Lea can kill them again.

Oh, I'd do it, too.

Seriously, guys... Yeah, a lot of work was completed a while ago, and it's no fun sitting on it for so long. Working in any art form, you'll always be refining technique, learning new methods, and exploring new directions. Art gets stagnant otherwise. But even if you feel your ability has progressed, that by no means takes away the value of older works.

I can say with complete honesty that I've enjoyed every single track you guys have contributed. I believe they all bring something unique to the project and make it a fuller experience overall, and I'd really hate to see any of them removed.

Since it looks like we'll be looking at an extension due to "outside" factors, people who really feel the need to touch up their existing tracks would have time to do so, I suppose... I just don't want that to turn into procrastination. I'd say that unless the update is timely, the current versions will be used regardless so there's no further wait. However, I seriously don't see that as necessary in the first place - I'm more than happy with the versions we have. You guys have done some excellent work here.

Oh, I'd do it, too.

Seriously, guys... Yeah, a lot of work was completed a while ago, and it's no fun sitting on it for so long. Working in any art form, you'll always be refining technique, learning new methods, and exploring new directions. Art gets stagnant otherwise. But even if you feel your ability has progressed, that by no means takes away the value of older works.

I can say with complete honesty that I've enjoyed every single track you guys have contributed. I believe they all bring something unique to the project and make it a fuller experience overall, and I'd really hate to see any of them removed.

Since it looks like we'll be looking at an extension due to "outside" factors, people who really feel the need to touch up their existing tracks would have time to do so, I suppose... I just don't want that to turn into procrastination. I'd say that unless the update is timely, the current versions will be used regardless so there's no further wait. However, I seriously don't see that as necessary in the first place - I'm more than happy with the versions we have. You guys have done some excellent work here.

Hey, I just posted that :<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to the incessant amount of spambot registration, I've decided to close new user registration on the project forums. The amount of legitimate users registering right now during this lull in activity is probably about 1 in every 200 or so, if that. I figure everyone who has wanted/needed to register (such as project remixers) at this point already has, but if you're from elsewhere and really want to register, contact me and I'll set you up.

Registration will be reopened after the SoS project has been released. (So never then! HAH!)

Kyle, this could help you guys out. Worked for the sd3 project forum, we haven't had a single spambot since I put in an extra question. You can check it out for yourself.

I've tried adding questions and other forms of stopping them like that. It helped for quite awhile, but this new registration onslaught I've been getting lately is particularly vicious. They're all registering using popular email addresses like gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. etc. otherwise I'd just ban the domain names of the email they're using. It's crazy.

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History