Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

It would be cool if "Euclid" or "Harmonious Moment" could somehow be worked into the album, providing there are enough mixers.

PS: I'll definitely be willing to do more than one song if some of the slots remain empty long enough.

PS #2: This post was not just an excuse to bump the topic. I would never do that.

Never.

I love "Harmonious Moment" a lot, too, and would also do a mix of it, but it's not here, so no mix, I guess :P

Anyway... I updated my banner page once again and made a new flash (and GIF) banner for you.

And, I managed to recruit someone for the project. It's a good friend of mine who studies Audio Engineer together with me. He is a drummer and guitarist and mostly likes jazz, funk, hip hop and in general chill-out music. I sent him the songs that are left to remix today and am just waiting for his answer :)

Very nice, Usa. Hopefully he'll join up!

EDIT: I believe today will be the day this thread gets moved to the ReQuests forum. So if you're looking for it and don't find it here a little later on, that's where it'll be.

hmm why is this gonna be moved to Request? all previous projects have been kept in gendisc until they got big enough to get to the site projects, so is this a new policy or something?

Hmmm...nope. No HTML on these forums. :(

In a bit of news, Fusion2004, host of FusionRadio, has joined the project, taking on Second Act from ToP. Also, SnappleMan has finally come on board. He is going to be collaborating with Rubbler on the song Decisive, also from ToP.

Oooh, the Second Act & Final Act...two of my favorites from ToP. All of you better work pretty damn hard on your remixes, or you'll live in hell for mediocrity!

I'll love ya for trying, but come on, with the lack of rearranging ToP's soundtrack, I want the best out there possible!

Very nice, Usa. Hopefully he'll join up!

EDIT: I believe today will be the day this thread gets moved to the ReQuests forum. So if you're looking for it and don't find it here a little later on, that's where it'll be.

hmm why is this gonna be moved to Request? all previous projects have been kept in gendisc until they got big enough to get to the site projects, so is this a new policy or something?

As far as project threads go, mods have been discussing it and we've decided to move project threads into ReQuests after a week of being in GD. This is primarily because beginning projects are, in essence, elaborate requests; however, we still want to provide that initial window of front page exposure to new projects, so we allow a week of GD presence. So just be aware that we will be moving your thread into RQ after a week, and eventually/hopefully it will have a place in Site Projects. :)

In a bit of news, Fusion2004, host of FusionRadio, has joined the project, taking on Second Act from ToP. Also, SnappleMan has finally come on board. He is going to be collaborating with Rubbler on the song Decisive, also from ToP.

Oooh, the Second Act & Final Act...two of my favorites from ToP. All of you better work pretty damn hard on your remixes, or you'll live in hell for mediocrity!

I'll love ya for trying, but come on, with the lack of rearranging ToP's soundtrack, I want the best out there possible!

There's no way this can be a mediocre project! I'll have to personally ensure that it accomplishes at least the quality of Kong in Concert. Er, well, that's Kyle's job. XD

For such a thing that takes months to organize and complete, it should definitely be worth all the effort in the end.

There's no way this can be a mediocre project! I'll have to personally ensure that it accomplishes at least the quality of Kong in Concert. Er, well, that's Kyle's job. XD

For such a thing that takes months to organize and complete, it should definitely be worth all the effort in the end.

If at least most of the people that I have on the project come forth with their songs, I can gurantee that this thing will rock, quite literally. I mean, look at all those guitarists! :P

Anyway, graphics are coming along strong. A new release from Tales of Symphonia went up on VGMix last night, so there is one potential recruit (not for the song they did, though). ;) Hopefully Lea and I can reveal more project details tomorrow, like the name. In the meantime, keep working on your songs, folks! Send in your WIPs as soon as you can!

Anything done by Usa or Rexy will instantly overshadow the whole project.

There, I said it.

Ah, crap. My ten+ years of study in composition, theory, and orchestration... it was all for nothing. :whatevaa:

Kyle, I noticed that Martel is the last song on the ToP album. Now, I'm not questioning your authority or anything (XD), but it's really a very short song and could prove difficult to shape into a worthwhile "credits" song. Meanwhile, Lake on Ymir is certainly one of the best songs in the soundtrack, is very remixable, and isn't on the tracklist. Of course, I don't think you should do anything you don't want to, but... ooo, I love Ymir.

I know I said ReQuests, but I believe that Unofficial Projects will get more continued exposure in WIP:OC. So yay for that.

This project has been moved from GD to WIP:OC because it's over a week old, and as part of the new policy on unofficial project threads, after a week of GD exposure, they move here to be "worked on."

Good luck on your project everyone! :)

Thank you.

Anyway, the track order is more or less tenative at the moment - it most likely will be changed around if people were planning to have tracks lead into others, or if we end up arranging the order based on the way the songs themselves turn out gerne/themewise (dunno about Final Act being a last track, though, despite the name - it's overworld music).

As for excluding certain songs... sadly, that was inevitable. We spent a while finalizing the song list, and unfortunately we had to exclude some good tracks - we've already got close to forty songs. As I've said, though, hopefully this will inspire more remixers to work on Tales music.

I know I said ReQuests, but I believe that Unofficial Projects will get more continued exposure in WIP:OC. So yay for that.

This project has been moved from GD to WIP:OC because it's over a week old, and as part of the new policy on unofficial project threads, after a week of GD exposure, they move here to be "worked on."

Ah, I see now. Disregard that PM I replied back with. I was confused for a bit. Thanks, DarkeSword. :)

Thank you.

Anyway, the track order is more or less tenative at the moment - it most likely will be changed around if people were planning to have tracks lead into others, or if we end up arranging the order based on the way the songs themselves turn out gerne/themewise (dunno about Final Act being a last track, though, despite the name - it's overworld music).

As for excluding certain songs... sadly, that was inevitable. We spent a while finalizing the song list, and unfortunately we had to exclude some good tracks - we've already got close to forty songs. As I've said, though, hopefully this will inspire more remixers to work on Tales music.

Thanks for confirming that the song list is really final, you know, just so people like myself won't ask if there was a tragic song oversight anymore. XD

I might even remix Ymir outside the project before it's released as a sort of pre-promotion.

Here we go with round 2 of recruiting for this project. We only have a few spots left, so keep filling them up! And for those of you who have already joined the project; keep workin' on those songs, and keep me updated on your progress. I'll be checking with a lot of remixers over the course of the next few weeks to see how things are going. ;) Hopefully that will help with the process of getting this project on the road to completion. It will be a long road, but with help and communication with each other, we can make it. The progress being made so far is impressive, and hopefully we will be in Site Projects very soon!

EDIT: Oh yeah. Soraya? I'm interested in hearing some of your past arrangements, but I can't seem to find any. Am I overlooking something?

OK, here is a short WIP of my contribution :o

Oh, and btw: I still haven't heard anything from my pal at the SAE who wanted to join, but I guess he's busy finding a recording studio room (that's what he was doing the whole day today, I think) I think I will hear from him tomorrow, or at least monday or tuesday.

Very bouncy! Hope to hear more soon!

Hm... it'd be cool if you surprised everyone in the second minute by drastically changing the key all of the sudden and diving into a dramatic and intense piano solo like in Rachmaninov's 2nd Concerto. :P

Wow! I'm not easy to impress, and those look reeeeaaallly nice. The title is catchy and fits extremely well, the image is beautiful and flowing and professional... thanks, Lea!

Excellent work! I will re-double my efforts! (Kyle, I sent the email to you, but I forgot to encode the file to something smaller than a wave. Sorry! XD)

EDIT: What's it mean if there's a star next to your name in the track listing?

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History