Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

I see...

Shame our tracks are distant from each other, if they were close we could make one finish into the other...

I think Kyle wouldn't mind changing the track-sequence. I suggest asking him when he returns. Or ask Lea about it. :P

Considered it, but no go. I want to keep the tracks from each game seperate, and RTF's track is in Phantasia, while Ichi's is from Symphonia.

And with that, this is likely the last you'll hear from me (well, maybe one or two more times) this weekend, as I'll be gone. Try not to raise too much of a fuss or give Lea a hard time, okay?

*Raises his pitchfork

BURN DOWN THE HEATHENS!!!

*Raises Cross*

BURN DOWN THE HEAVENS!!!

^-^

My SPC file for that song does the same thing. It's hard to listen to. XD

...and 6 months? I know other projects have taken a really long time, but I can't really see why this would take so long with so many people on it. I don't think it's really worth all the time waiting for a couple really slow people, or unresponsive people if that sort of thing happens. I think the mixers here are capable of making a good song in less than two or three months, surely... Sir Nuts and Red Tailed Fox already have relatively long WIPs. A quick and decisive project workflow from beginning to end would be great!

I want to take this opportunity to encourage everyone involved in the project to head on over to the official WIP forum.

It would be nice to be able to share detailed analysis of each track under its own thread for those interested in greater feedback within the group while keeping their songs spoil-free (away from the public's ear) until final release.

Since Kyle is away for now, I assume everyone involved should contact Lea for permission to enter the WIP portion of the forums.

Since Kyle is away for now, I assume everyone involved should contact Lea for permission to enter the WIP portion of the forums.

Don't worry. Amidst my usual lurking, and now, apparent witchhunt-dodging, I'll see anyone's request for access to the WIP board there.

If you haven't already registered, get yer musical selves movin'! I spent a lot of time on those graphics and you WILL marvel at their shininess. Or, you know, just use the forums.

ViludeMortiae: ... patience? :wink:

Alright, good news and bad news.

Good news, the lovely pixietricks has agreed to collab with me on The Dream Will Not Die. :D

Bad news, we're both going overseas for the summer. :(

Is there any way you guys could extend the deadline until we get back if we promise we'll get it finished? ;) I actually have concepts for both "Dream..." and "Aviators," but haven't had a chance to get them recorded yet.

Pretty please? ^_^;;

Alright, good news and bad news.

Good news, the lovely pixietricks has agreed to collab with me on The Dream Will Not Die. :D

Bad news, we're both going overseas for the summer. :(

Is there any way you guys could extend the deadline until we get back if we promise we'll get it finished? ;) I actually have concepts for both "Dream..." and "Aviators," but haven't had a chance to get them recorded yet.

Pretty please? ^_^;;

I would love that as well.....give me time to properly think out exaclty how I wish to execute the remix....

Ah hell, you all know I just wish to be lazy :P

Seriously though, since those two are trustworthy, I second his proposition....that is if this is a democracy

*cracks whip*

Well, Dhsu, I kinda look upon the WIP deadline just as something to ensure some kind of structure here - more or less, so people have something to aim for and won't procrastinate (hey, it's summer). We don't want things to fall apart and die here obviously. However though, since that deadline is only for the WIPs, and since you obviously have plans already made for your tracks, and since I can only assume that taking on a full-blown vocal collab shows dedication, I suppose we can't kill you if it extends beyond the WIP deadline. :wink: After all, people will still be working on their songs at that point. We just want to make sure everyone has got something to show by a certain point.

Dunno if Kyle would agree 100%, BUT HE'S NOT HERE RIGHT NOW, IS HE? Muahahaha! If not, maybe the overall WIP date can be revised. However, again, it's only a deadline by which to show you have something in the works, not something completed, so no one should be feeling too much pressure just yet. :wink:

No one else better take this as an excuse to slack, though, lest I smite thee with Indignation. Yeah.

The spc I have for "The Dream Will Never Die" is brilliant. In the section where the lyrics are supposed to be, are two sound effects consisting of a small dog barking and a doorbell ringing.

Here is a recorded version I did for you all :)

But I have to admit, I like the PSX version more, for its clarity and the nice addition part. But I have to agree that most of the in-game musics are pretty unbalanced in comparison to the SNES OST's.

If anybody could find any ToS wav samples (I heard it had excellent voice acting, and I'm pretty interested in that), it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Should I record something for you?

That would be extremely appreciated. Since I'm doing the Final Destination mix, I would like the voice acting in the scene just before the final battle if that's possible (I don't even know if there's one).

Oof...I'm not completely through the game yet, so I can't do that for you. At least not right now. I'm playing it with a friend on a more regular basis now so we might finish it soon. But I can say, the voice acting is pretty nice.

That would be extremely appreciated. Since I'm doing the Final Destination mix, I would like the voice acting in the scene just before the final battle if that's possible (I don't even know if there's one).

Thanks in advance.

Kyle may be able to get that for you when he comes back. There's even some banter during the final battle that you may want to use...

IMO, To be honest, I hope those aren't the American voice samples you're planning on using, well, atleast I hope none with Collette, Genis or young Yggdrasil.

I find those to be the most annoying.

They did a good job with it nonetheless though.

Anything with Lloyd, Kratos, Sheena, Raine and older Yggdrasil would be pretty smooth... But I don't know how the openning sequence voice-overs for "Final Destination" would work with the mix overall.

Still a kick ass song either way, me thinks.

Just my .02.

Thanks in advance.

In that case, you MUST use the speech samples from the final battle. They were used really well in the game (Lloyd and Yggdrasill exchanging comments while you fight), and would rock if you used them.

IMO, To be honest, I hope those aren't the American voice samples you're planning on using, well, atleast I hope none with Collette, Genis or young Yggdrasil.

I kinda like Genis' voice. It's a lot like Tails' one from Sonic Adventure :)

Please, no Colette voice samples. I fucking HATE her voice.

I demand decapitation if you reply to this with "I will do my best.". ToS players know why.

Well, I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... *hides underneath a desk*

I demand decapitation if you reply to this with "I will do my best.". ToS players know why.

Hah hah.

In that case, you MUST use the speech samples from the final battle. They were used really well in the game (Lloyd and Yggdrasill exchanging comments while you fight), and would rock if you used them.

Agreed. Maybe not with everyone screaming their spells and what not, just the dialouge.

Hah hah.

Agreed. Maybe not with everyone screaming their spells and what not, just the dialouge.

I'd agree with you there with the exception of Yggy's version of Judgement. He sounds pissed. :D

Wow...You guys post a lot. Okay, not really. It only took me like, 10 minutes to catch up! Slackers.

Alright! Let me get up to date here:

Dhsu: When do you and pixietricks plan on leaving, when are you coming back, and how fast can you work? :P

Actually, I trust you, since I wanted pixie on the project in some way, shape, or form from the very start, and Dhsu was one of the people who was on my mind when I was going through VGMix, looking for potential recruits. I think an extension in your case would be okay; perhaps you can PM me with some ideas you have or whatever, and that can count towards a "WIP" for the time being.

Soraya: Now do you understand why I said 6 months or more? :P

PriZm: I can record the entire final battle scene for you, though there tends to be some pops throughout recorded audio on my PC, for some reason.

As far as American voice samples: Yup. It's all I've got. :P Their voices aren't THAT bad, though. Sometimes Colette sounds like she's reading from a script, instead of making it natural, but overall, none of the voices are that terrible (and some are REALLY good).

Master Link: I will do my best.

EDIT: Oh yeah; alternate track selection will open soon, for those who are curious. I'm thinkin' within the next day or so.

I currently post here on ocremix and my Ultima Online guilds forums. I love posting and giving my free thought on everything. It's fun.

I haven't played Tales of Symphonia in about six months or so, All I can really remember is the music and the sounds of everyones voice (overall, except the summons)

Always thought Presea and Sheena were pretty cute. :wink:

Anyways. Sometimes, yeah Collette.. just turned me off, with all her smiling and "I don't feel anything" yadda yadda. (Can we say dead fish?)

Kratos, Lloyd and Yggdrasil= Kick ass, Good for them. I would definately use them..

As for the Final Destination mix.. Lemme listen to the original real quick here...

Okay, now are you including "It can waver and fight(Yggdrasil, Mithos battle 1" along with "Final Destination (Mithos battle 2)" or are they both seperate mixes? If I remember correctly, there was some dialouge inbetween both pieces... if you're piecing these two together, I would make it all serious and jumpy, cinematic, sort of make it so everyone can use "imagery" to see the fight go one within their head... and so on. Not too classy that it sucks. But yeah. again, my .02.

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History