Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

The bits of It Can Waver that show up throughout Final Destination will be in PriZm's mix; I believe that PriZm has been in contact with Christian Pacaud (who's doing It Can Waver), and from what I can tell, they're going to see if they can tie them together, and connect them in some way. Don't quote me on that, though, since I can't speak for PriZm or Christian. :P

As far as dialogue, I'll just turn off the music, and play through and record the entire fight. PriZ can pick and choose from there what he wants to use.

Alternate track selection is now OPEN! For reference, here are the rules for alternate tracks and how they work. I'm expecting a pretty big change for the direction of this project.

Lea and I just discussed this, and I think it's something that could make the people who want to do a track not listed on the project right now happy. What we've come up with is this: If you have already claimed or are planning to claim ONE song (those who currently have two tracks selected are exempt from this) for this project, then, once the track list is completely filled and all of the current tracks are claimed, we will allow you to choose ONE extra song not currently listed to remix for the project. If you decide that you can't do the extra track, it will be removed completely, with no chance of getting picked up by anybody else. This rule will go not go into effect until all of the main tracks listed are claimed by at least one person; reason being that we want to get what currently have filled up first, before we start adding things. Hopefully this might convince some of you to try and get some other people on board to fill up the list. Also, you must guarantee that you will ABSOLUTELY finish both of the tracks.

We're not trying to declare open season on the entire soundtracks of both of these games. This is just a compromise we have decided to make for those who wanted to do something that's not currently listed. One of our goals with this project is to still keep it maintainable and reasonable. We don't want to get overly ambitious.

As I explained in the first post of this thread, more than one person is able to claim a song. The song that ultimately makes it onto the project, out of the multiple remixes of the same track, will be decided on by myself and Lea. If our opinions either conflict or we agree that both of the remixes are good, we will put forth a voting procedure in which the people who are involved with the project will decide which version of the song will be on the final product (the voting is the likely scenario). In the case of a person who has claimed both a track currently listed and an alternate unlisted track going up against someone else; the alternate track will still be put on the project, regardless of the outcome of the coordinator/voter decision on the listed track.

Post here or tell me in a PM what alternate track you'd like to remix, if any. Here we go!

Just for you guys to have a quick look in what I've been digin up so far: :D

http://www.savefile.com/filehost/files.php?fid=6247665

Just a few things:

1 - It is still a farily rough take.

2 - Flute in 2:06 sound a bit dry, I know, that will be fixed.

3 - The arrengment may seem concluded, but it's not, I fact it's far from it.

4 - It's hard to addmit this, but I think it's the hardest song I have ever arranged.

Hope you guys enjoy what I have so far! :D

Oh man, I still need to pass Prizm my mix to tie him into that and all O.o

Did you come up with a title yet?

And I'm guessing nobody wants to pick up an extra song...?

I'd love to and most likely will! But I won't make it official yet so I can be 100% sure to finish both in time. I intend to be finished all songs by the WIP date. ^-^

Well, I intend on making the second WIP due date on September 1st, and then working down incrementally from there (two weeks, then maybe several one week dates...Not sure about three weeks yet, but we'll see how people are progressing), as songs are completed. So you have time after this date. There's no rush, but if you can complete the songs, that's great!

I'm going to be starting round 2 of check-ins and status updates (with those who signed up for the project more recently) here very soon. These people will be receiving some form of contact from me within the next few days:

Hemophiliac

Norrin Radd

KungFuChicken!

Bladiator and GrayLightning

Unless you can get to me first, that is. :P

Oh man, I still need to pass Prizm my mix to tie him into that and all O.o

Did you come up with a title yet?

And I'm guessing nobody wants to pick up an extra song...?

Obviously I can't do an extra song being at home all Summer. Yes, yes, I know I rendered a MIDI mix for PRC44 but that was with Anvil Studio - pretty tedious stuff. O.o

As for the title, the sample showed that the tentative name is just simply "Summoning of Spirits". If I somehow come up with a better one before the project is up I'll state it here, but if not... i'll probably keep this one ;)

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History