Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

Website got hacked :cry:

By some random Spanish fag, too. I really hope you have a backup, Kyle.

PORTUGUESE OR BRAZILIAN, WALAN.

do not disgrace the name of my fellow spanish speakers :cry:

Well... 100% Brazilian.

Easily reconisable for a Brazillian. I could translate it for you guys but really...

You don't want that...

I'm going to be starting round 2 of check-ins and status updates (with those who signed up for the project more recently) here very soon. These people will be receiving some form of contact from me within the next few days:

Arcana

Unless you can get to me first, that is. :P

Sorry, I'm a slacker. :( I haven't started yet, I got a load of work dumped on me this week. The intention was to work on it this weekend. It usually takes me about a week to come up with a decent completed first draft. Plus I'm new to this all, so mine should take longer than most others to reach a good level of quality.

Not a problem, Arcana. I'm not expecting WIPs from everybody at this point; just a quick status update. ;)

Hmmm, odd. I wonder if all of ne0-net got hacked. :lol: Oh well. New website is at http://talesproject.kylejcrb.com anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. Hopefully the new one is safe, though... (EDIT: This is weird. The rest of my old site is still there! I guess telling people you've moved makes it susceptible to hackers.)

As for everything else; I've said it time and time again. THE CURRENT TRACK LIST IS LOCKED. The ONLY way you're going to get any extra songs onto the project at this point is by being signed up for something already on the list (which is also full), and by taking advantage of the extra song rule outlined in the first post (and on pages 14 and 26). Also, there will be absolutely no changes to the first and last tracks of each part of the project; the intro and ending themes are FINAL. That is all.

You can go to some hacker forum or something and find a security exploit and run a couple programs and then the site/forums are yours. That's why it's good to always update your browser/PHP thing/server/whatever!

Fox, you already know what I think of your WIP! ^^ It's awesome! But I'm gonna listen to this one just in case it's updated from what I heard.

Arcana, I like that you take a good amount of time to plan your work. I never start working until I have the whole structure in my head too, at least when it's something serious or bigger.

Glad you're doing check-ins, Kyle! It'll probably keep things going smoothly if everyone hears from you. (I might slack off and need a check-in in a few weeks, too. XD)

Not a problem, Arcana. I'm not expecting WIPs from everybody at this point; just a quick status update. ;)

Hmmm, odd. I wonder if all of ne0-net got hacked. :lol: Oh well. New website is at http://talesproject.kylejcrb.com anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. Hopefully the new one is safe, though... (EDIT: This is weird. The rest of my old site is still there! I guess telling people you've moved makes it susceptible to hackers.)

You should still fix the old site so that visitors on old links don't think you've been owned by hackers and that the project is dead.

Hey if somebody IS planning on doing an extra song, it would be great is someone would do "Triumph" from ToP. That's right, the Castle tune (it isn't that hard to do, I'm actually planning on ReMixing itself one day... right now I lack a decent keyboard to remix and being able to play it on the piano doesn't really make a ReMix now does it ;) ).

Anyway, I know all of you are busy and such, but if somebody would choose this one for their alternate song I would be most grateful.

Keep up the good work guys!

Lunar, nice WIP! The percussion is pretty cool. The snare really is way too dry though! I really like the plucked instrument that appears in the last few seconds. Hope to hear more! (What a battle it'll be, between the Sheena's Theme contenders...)

Triumph is a really great song. I just got 3/4 through Star Ocean 1 and I'm starting to like Sakuraba more and more. (Though I've been a fan for years!) I'd like to do that, but I already have my alternate song partially composed. I hope somebody else will do Triumph too.

Still awesome, Fox! I liked the old title better though. XD

PS: Has there been any word from Eric Dude, Kyle? I love Desolate Road and would like to hear from him on here. ^^

I talk to Eric most every day. Currently trying to get him to stop procrastinating, :P. He has some ideas for the song, though.

I'm still amazed nobody has stepped up and officially claimed a second song; a lot of people were talking about it before, but I didn't want to do anything before they made it official. Anyone? Anyone?

Well, since you said when you claim a second track you have to absolutely guarantee that you will complete both tracks, (a good policy) people might be waiting to get enough work done on their original track to make sure both will be done in a reasonable time. I know that's what I'm doing. ^^

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History