Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

I am not sure... I want to do some other song, but Moria Gallery is still taking a lot of time and effort from me, so I won't choose anything before I am done with that.

Maybe paople are in the same situation as I am... And hey, don't worry. The project already has a the best choices of the game :) , whatever "extra" comes in now is pure profit. Let the option open, let's see what happens...

Soraya: Daaaamn XD Anyway, if you want, PM (or use MSN) to tell me what do you think is worse than the one I sent you!!!

Hahahaha!!! In fact this was a mistake of mine.

The song will be called "Riddles in the Dark", but my very first title choice was "Steel Under Rock", I named the Reason file after that name and every time I export the song as an MP3 file it comes out called "Steel Under Rock" but the tittle will be "Riddles in the Dark". Reference to J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit

I think "Riddles in the Dark" is better, but I am terrible with names (just check out my other mixes for proof - and NO the mispelling on my Super Mario RPG was NOT my choice, it was a stupid mistake :D ) so I might changed it...

If anybody I talked to during the last check-in has made any progress and reads this (or if I haven't talked to you yet), please check in with me and update me on what you're doing. If I don't hear from you, you'll be on the list of people for round two check-ins. This will be a check for EVERYONE, not just a small group or a part of the list of those involved, like it was last time. That way I can even out the list and check with everyone each time it's check-in time.

I know that probably made absolutely no sense, but I know what I said, so that's all that matters. :P

There's also some potentially big big BIG news coming up, so stay tuned!

Since the site isn't working for me right now, I'll just say it here!

That's a pretty interesting song! It's creepy in a way and really brings out how frightening it'd be to wander around in a mysterious and ancient civilization with robotic computer voices calling out to you. I really like the concept of the song you came up with. Makes me think of ToP survival horror, but with scary robots instead of zombies. XD Or maybe Thorian zombies!

Since I thought the production was great, I'll just express a few personal preferences about what could be added or changed.

I liked how it ended, with the little percussion part. It'd be cool if you extended that and made it fade out slowly, and after it was almost gone it could do the sort of "technical crash/wind-down" thing anyway, really loud. Throughout it felt like I was lost in the technical sounds, which has a cool effect, but a little more timbral and pacing variation would really add to the mix. If there were some spacey, slower part in the middle. It'd be cool if a very clear chime-type noise appeared with the main melody somewhere either above or deep inside the chaos of the song. For a contrasting effect! Actually, in the whole first minute I expected some hyper-fast breakbeat to emerge. Your percussion was pretty cool! Reminded me of Battery 2, which I use. The synth that appears at 2:25 could be just a tad bit quieter.

So, that was just me rambling my thoughts. You don't have to take it seriously! XD

Hey!

Sorry for the long time it took me to post here, but I got a lot of work to do in the recent days so I wasn't able to spend much time on the project. I am preparing for going to Germany soon because I planned to use my free time from studying to go there and play with the orchestra. It will be July 15. until August 09. During this time I will not be able to do anything for the project, but after that I think there's enough time for me to finish things

For the second song: It's the same as for many other people here. I haven't made my mind up on what song I should choose as a second one. I also want the first one finished before I start with the second one. At the moment I'm not sure whether one of those three songs I should do:

Harmonious Moment (ToP)

Rovers (ToS)

Desert Flower (ToS)

Search A Seal ~ Sylvarant (ToS)

Oh yeah, and Silas already started on his contribution, as well. It will be a drum 'n' bassy track with heavy electric guitar :) I'm really looking forward to it, so is he.

Harmonious Moment is a nice little tune. I'm not sure about the ToS soundtrack. I've played the game but only to the Water Spirit [i'm guessing that's not very far in] and it was a long while ago so I'm not familiar with ToS's soundtrack much.

If you played it to the water spirit you should have heard all three songs I was talking about. I am right now on my way to the Tower of Mana.

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History