Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

I am so sorry for having to say this, but I must withdraw myself from this project. Certain events have come up which hold me from having any time to actually make this remix. Though I still can post, I will not be able to finish any part of the remix. I give you my deepest apologies on this matter.

Once again, I am sorry for withdrawing and causing you the trouble of finding another person to replace my mix. I can, however, work on it if I am allowed a months extension. I just really do not wish to burdon you all with this wait :(

I still feel really terrible :?

What is worse is that I just started to create a new project. I am hoping noone thinnks that the only reason why I left this was to work on that. I really wanted these two projects to sort of back each other up if there was something wrong or if something needed a quick fix. Damn, I feel even worse now :(

UPDATE

I'm working on profiles for everyone involved with the project, which will all eventually look something like that page (ignoring the broken images and links, of course. Those will be fixed). If you have one available, I'll need a picture of you, and I'll also need your real name, birthdate, current location, web site (if you have one), and where to find your other arrangements. The Biography section is optional, but strongly recommended.

For those that have already done this in the PMs I've sent out, no need to worry about it here. Also, if you don't want to make this information public on this forum (I don't know why not; it's going to be on the site :P) PM me with it. Thanks!

It's in E Major, but there are various harmonic functions in it that can be misleading. I'll look at it more later when I have some time. ^^

The tonic is always descending chromatically, but otherwise, it's in E.

Dumb question. Is this actually correct? I had a look at it and it doesn't follow Eb Major very well. But then, it also doesn't fit into E major very well either.

I suppose the key question is - does it matter? Well, it REALLY helps if I know what key a song is in so when I write a harmony I don't totally mess it up. I grabbed the MIDI but haven't figured out the progression yet. Yeah I suck.

It's a bit tricky. For this piece you can't really say it's in one key or another, because there's no real established tonality. Actually, it was silly of me to say E major earlier, I'd definitely say E minor if anything. It won't follow any normal key signature though, because it's mostly chromatic.

First it starts with a chord on the first degree, which is all well and normal. Then, already it abandons the signature in favor of chromaticism, making the root descend a half-step from the first degree onto D#. You can see, from here it keeps moving downwards until it prepares itself for the half close cadence in the relative major, G. (IV-I) Then it starts over again.

The cadence at the end and the beginning chord lead me to believe it's in E minor with some simple chromatically descending patterns. An in-depth analysis might reveal that it's in a more obscure tonal mode and that all the harmonic progressions are valid within a particular tonality, but for now I'd just say it's heavily chromatic in Em/GM. ;p

The song could be difficult to manipulate, but if you prepared it correctly you could write plainly in G major or E minor after that cadence without it sounding too far from the actual song.

I don't know what styles you're comfortable with or your experience with guitars, but I could hear it as a progressive rock/metal remix (especially with the double-kick drum madness going on in the middle). That's sort of the trend among some of the musicians already involved in the project so it would fit right in, in that respect.

Just off the top of my head, I'd be inclined to do speed metal, or maybe an organ solo piece. Or both in the same song.

Hey, now that I listen to it, I regret not having picked it to begin with! XD

I usually listen to something for quite a long time and examine the score before I really decide though. If you're going to compose a symphony, you first have to see if there are several recognizable themes with which to create a symphonic form. Or if you were making a passacaglia, you'd have to see if the melody lent itself well to four bar variation in multiple voices.

It really is up to you, though! Remember if you're able to/decide to compose rock or metal, you've got a bunch of guitarists willing to record for you! It's a pretty cool song, there's a lot you could do with it. ^^

I'd love to hear a great variety of genres in this project so we can make albums that are constantly exciting in the "What's coming next!?" sort of way.

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History