Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

Hey Kyle. Sorry I've been slow with getting this project going. I'm working on it right now, and trust me, it will be good.

No worries, my man. I know you'll rock this project as it's never been rocked before. I'm lookin' forward to getting my face blown off. ;)

Go play badly in Halo or something. XD

I prefer Unreal Tournament myself. ;P

Yeah, a few people kinda missed the due date. BUT, there won't be removals for tardiness this time. Maybe next time, though. :P Expect a longer post (with the new due date) sometime later. In the meantime, I'll accept whatever WIPs come my way.

All I'll say about the due date right now is this: You'd probably be better off preparing your WIPs RIGHT NOW, because you won't be getting much time. :P More to come!

UPDATE

Here we are once again; another due date, come and gone. Impressive work all around, folks! We're slowly but surely making progress, with most of the music taking shape and sounding very nice. In case you haven't been paying attention, we have a few new additions to the project: Sixto, who will be taking on the track The Second Act - AkumajoBelmont, who's going to be arranging Arche's theme - and analoq, who's tackling Last Battle Decision. All three of them will be providing their talents and making this the best project that we can possibly make it. Welcome aboard, gentlemen! I'll be discussing your songs and due dates with you soon.

In other news, the next WIP due date: October 5th. I'll say it again: OCTOBER FIFTH. FIVE-TH. OF OCTOBER. That's roughly 3 and a half weeks. Why so little time? Most of the songs are either finalized as far as composition, or quickly making progress to a finished composition. Three weeks should be plenty of time for most of you to get something together. Three minutes of material, to be exact (unless your song is just short by nature), or a near-finalized composition are the requirements. I've also decided that anyone who has not sent me ANY form of a WIP (those still under Planning and Post-Planning, not including the new musicians) WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE PROJECT, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. We're lookin' to speed things up, folks, so get crackin'! ;)

Remember, the next WIP due date is OCTOBER 5TH. Let's see some progress!

Or, in other words: "GET TO WORK, MAGGOTS! THREE AND A HALF WEEKS TIL THE NEXT DUE DATE AND IF YOU'RE NOT REMIXING DURING EVERY MINUTE OF THOSE THREE WEEKS YOU'RE GONNA BE SCRUBBIN' THE BATHROOM WITH A TOOTHBRUSH FOR FOUR! DISMISSED!"

:P

OCTOBER FIFTH. FIVE-TH. OF OCTOBER.

What? I didn't quite hear that! The fifteenth, you say?

Anyway, good! I wanted to know the next deadline so I could pace myself. Okay, so I'll probably just slave over Sibelius until they're done, for fear of swabbing the decks of the S.S. Kyle with a toothbrush.

I'm glad to have Sixto aboard, in keeping with the metaphor. :D This guy knows the classic rock!

On the front page: "XMark & pixietricks - Sylphis" Whaaaaa? I haven't heard anything from XMark, like, ever! Are you sure we're supposed to be collabing? He hasn't contacted me...

(confused)

Hmmm... I guess I should have him talk to you. He is writing the song with your vocals in mind, and has left space in it for you to do your own thing, but I guess I shouldn't just assume that he's been talking to you or anything. :P I'll let him know, and hopefully it can be made truly official.

Sorry, I was going to contact you about it when I had most of the instrumentals down so you'd have a better idea what to put in, and I haven't touched the song for a couple of weeks now.

But for now, I have the first couple of minutes available on the private WIP forum.

EDIT: Sorry, I assumed that you had heard the WIP's already.

I'm revamping the tracklist order on the website and making several changes and updates to the site itself. Hopefully these updates will be up this afternoon, after I get home from work.

Please send your WIPs to me ASAP! There's only two weeks left, and I really want to receive WIPs from everyone, otherwise Lea and I may have to take drastic measures and remove you from the project (of course, there are a few exceptions). Don't let that happen!

Woo, progress! Christian Pacaud has pretty much finished his version of Beat The Angel. It's a pretty stark contrast from the original which should be enjoyable for all. ;) Get those WIPs to me, folks! Only 9 days remain until the next due date!

Alright, I don't know if I can give you a new WIP on that date because I'm pretty busy right now (have a lot of mixdown/MIDI/signal flow tests and stuff like that). For example I have to take a train tomorrow at 7 AM to go to Zürich, because it's the only time that was left when the mixing console is not in use. This doesn't mean I won't finish the songs, but this means I can't work on them right now...

Woo, progress! Christian Pacaud has pretty much finished his version of Beat The Angel. It's a pretty stark contrast from the original which should be enjoyable for all. ;) Get those WIPs to me, folks! Only 9 days remain until the next due date!

Alright, I don't know if I can give you a new WIP on that date because I'm pretty busy right now (have a lot of mixdown/MIDI/signal flow tests and stuff like that). For example I have to take a train tomorrow at 7 AM to go to Zürich, because it's the only time that was left when the mixing console is not in use. This doesn't mean I won't finish the songs, but this means I can't work on them right now...

You're fine, Usa. Don't worry about it.

Well now, it seems i am at a stopping point once again. i've made the decision that it is best to find someone here for collaboration on mint's theme. i had originally planned on working with a friend of mine on it, but it seems he is rather not around, and his schedual is the exact invert of mine...so working is tough.

So, what i am looking for is a guitarist who would like to collab with me (not just playing but writing some stuff too), and who can record both accoustic and electric guitars.

If you are reading this and are interested please talk to me on AIM, asap, please.

FYI: I Also posted this in the project forums.

So far, the WIP turnout has been pretty dismal, which has me worried. Unfortunately, I can't bug everyone 24/7 like I used to, so initiative needs to be taken on the remixers end. I'm doing what I can to talk to people, but I don't have time to talk to everyone. I still have not received WIPs from those who missed the due date last time, and I've only received a couple in the last two weeks (thank you to those folks :)). I will be trying my best to send PMs or emails out to remind you guys, but I can't guarantee anything.

As for those needing extensions or whatever, that's fine. Just tell me a reason and how long you need, and we'll work from there.

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History