Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

^ Thanks for the defense, David, Kyle, and Snapple.

I was just kidding, Kureejii. Calling to attention the fact that he's being humble whilst jokingly insulting him (I can't insult someone's humility with a straight face).

I think I see where you misunderstood me, though - I meant he was being too humble about his own work compared to everyone else's, not that he wasn't being humble enough about the project as a whole. ^_^

Seems that this is going to be another great year for album projects. Chrono Symhonic (original and possibly SE), Blood on the Asphalt, Summoning of Spirits, Milkyway Wishes, just to name a few!

Bound Together, Cave Story Remix Project. There's a lot of good stuff that is released or going to be released.

I'm a huge fan of Summertime, play it quite often, and am glad we're seeing a follow-up - excellent work. Some of the progression/vocal reminded me alternatively of Hotel California and Stairway to Heaven, which are both great (if overplayed) songs to be compared to, I would think.

Kyle - any chance I can release my track as an additional preview track in about a week or so? Pretty please?

I think I need another extension! I'm scrambling like mad to get this done today but uploading a huge wav takes HOURS on dial up. :?

If it's a big hassle, fire me off a 320kbits CBR MP3 file or a FLAC instead: Much smaller and it should still work just fine. ;)

myf & Arek: Don't you have your own project thread for this stuff? :P

LT Edit: Yep. Banter about it in the MWW project thread.

myf Edit: Mah bad, homez.

Kyle Edit: Postjack'd!

Arek Edit: Always gotta player hate

haleprev.jpg

Arrangement and performance was awesome. Didn't like the snare sometimes (e.g. 1:19, 2:31); tone sounded a little out of place. The vocals and harmonization are good but could use some delay so they aren't so dry. For a few seconds, the vocals at 3:06 sounded too much like they were stapled on top of the music, maybe because the background instrumentation was so light. Vocals from :31-:41 could be a little bit louder; a bit hard to hear in places. Heard an audio deformation at 2:57. Really minor criticisms, overall.

David's suff is always well put together. Very very strong stuff. I'm a fan of the source tune, and you really fashioned something unique and creative out of it.

Heard an audio deformation at 2:57.
D'oh! I can't believe I missed that. I'd go back and fix it, but I lost my latest build of the song due to a recent HD crash. The backup I have is old compared to how much work I got done on the latest version. Ah well, live and learn.

I appreciate the constructive criticism a ton! The areas I need to improve in seem to be things I repeat with each new song I create, so I'll be applying what I know now to my next remix.

Anyways, I'm glad you guys are digging the song. rock on. \m/

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History