Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

Heard an audio deformation at 2:57.
D'oh! I can't believe I missed that. I'd go back and fix it, but I lost my latest build of the song due to a recent HD crash. The backup I have is old compared to how much work I got done on the latest version. Ah well, live and learn.

I appreciate the constructive criticism a ton! The areas I need to improve in seem to be things I repeat with each new song I create, so I'll be applying what I know now to my next remix.

Anyways, I'm glad you guys are digging the song. rock on. \m/

I... dont hear this audio deformation? ... What should I be looking for?

Heard an audio deformation at 2:57.
D'oh! I can't believe I missed that. I'd go back and fix it, but I lost my latest build of the song due to a recent HD crash. The backup I have is old compared to how much work I got done on the latest version. Ah well, live and learn.

I appreciate the constructive criticism a ton! The areas I need to improve in seem to be things I repeat with each new song I create, so I'll be applying what I know now to my next remix.

Anyways, I'm glad you guys are digging the song. rock on. \m/

I... dont hear this audio deformation? ... What should I be looking for?

GODAMMIT I looked for it and now I won't be able to listen to the song without hearing it.

Ignorance is bliss.

Alright, so TheDeath finished up Hydropolis. One step closer!

Speaking of steps, there haven't been very many lately, and I'm a bit worried. I sent out an email over a week ago to all unfinished remixers (except SnappleMan, who I'd been talking to personally on AIM), and nobody except TheDeath had any contact in any way with me about it. There are some of you that are extremely close to done, but have been stuck in the "near-done" status for quite some time. On the other hand, there are a few that haven't even started yet. So, I NEED to hear from you guys regarding the status of your songs, or I'm going to start replacing remixers, or possibly just removing some songs altogether. Even though we're waiting for Project Chaos to release first, this isn't a time to slack off: We need these songs as soon as possible so everything for the website and mastering can be finalized and we can be ready for release when the time comes. So please contact me if you're not done with your song, and let me know what's up!

Y halo thar, klm here. Ok, the reason for why I still haven't submitted a WIP is because I have like 20 different attempts to do something rock / metal based.. a slow Scorpions-style ballad.. a sort of mid paced hero metal gallop riff thing.. a kind of techno metal thing.. and a dozen other permutations.. but all my attempts end up sounding like crap. I've become convinced it's impossible to make a good guitar rock style remix of that, which is what I originally set out to do.. or, at least, it's impossible for me, without really adapting it into something with very little semblance to the original.

Anyway, I've now become convinced that TRANCE is the way to go here.. but, with no real knowledge of the project as a whole, I have no idea how that would fit. And I have a gut feeling it wouldn't. I can make a pretty kick ass trance mix out of it, of that I'm sure, but if that's not what you're looking for, I understand.

Y halo thar, klm here. Ok, the reason for why I still haven't submitted a WIP is because I have like 20 different attempts to do something rock / metal based.. a slow Scorpions-style ballad.. a sort of mid paced hero metal gallop riff thing.. a kind of techno metal thing.. and a dozen other permutations.. but all my attempts end up sounding like crap. I've become convinced it's impossible to make a good guitar rock style remix of that, which is what I originally set out to do.. or, at least, it's impossible for me, without really adapting it into something with very little semblance to the original.

Anyway, I've now become convinced that TRANCE is the way to go here.. but, with no real knowledge of the project as a whole, I have no idea how that would fit. And I have a gut feeling it wouldn't. I can make a pretty kick ass trance mix out of it, of that I'm sure, but if that's not what you're looking for, I understand.

Trance with guitar could be awesome. Arpeggios with a 3/16 delay and leads with a strong phaser and wide stereo image always do the trick.

There aren't any genre restrictions for the project as far as I know. I think we could definitely use some good trance.

Indeed. Whatever you feel like doing, go for it.

Also, while I know most people leave it til the end to think of a title, but if you already know what you wanna call the track, lemme know ASAP. It'll help me get some stuff out of the way sooner.

Ok, brilliant. :) I'm going away until thursday tomorrow (and after this post am not going to be online until then), and with work and other things, I'm not sure when I'll have a WIP ready, but hopefully I'll get something worth presenting done before this week is over.

More trance (I like PriZm's trance with guitar idea: That'd be a new direction to go with the project for sure) is always welcome, so if that's how you feel like going with the track, then of course go with it. ;) Glad to hear an update from you, man.

yes, and for that I apologize. I thought my ears had already picked out everything before I released the track, but I somehow missed it. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, so that sort of thing eats at me.

If/when the day comes, I'll redo some tracks on there for an official OCR submission...and next time I won't be using a computer that's nearly a decade old and can barely keep up with things.

Bumped for at least moderate justice. Maybe as high as great.

Kyle, does the logjam of OCR1500 and Project Chaos' release mean this potentially could get pushed until around Christmas time? Obviously I have no control of this whatsoever, just wondering.

EDIT: Apparently I was about an hour premature about the answer to part of this question (see: OCR1500).

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History