Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

Nope, I'd say with the release of 1500, we're looking at probably early October. Notice I said "probably": We'll have to see how far off Project Chaos is, as well as getting the rest of this project done within that time before I can make any truly solid estimates.

In other words, get ready remixers: We may be at crunch time sooner than you think. :P

Also, congratulations to djpretzel and OCR for making it to yet another milestone. Thanks for allowing us to play a small part in it, Dave. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, not too much activity lately. I'm not sure just what exactly is going on with Project Chaos, what with the locking of the thread, but we're definitely going to be in on this well into October, I'd say. I really need to get some status updates from some of you regarding your tracks, so if I haven't talked to you in awhile, expect an email, IM, PM, or some other contact (like showing up at your front door). :P

I didn't really have much of a problem hearing the source in Joker's mix: A few of the other remixes on this project have even less of the remixed track in them than his did. :lol:

I've gotta talk to SnappleMan anyway, so I'll find out what's up. PC should be pretty close by now, but we'll see. There's still a good number of tracks that are being worked on anyway.

News to report (and I'm double posting because I CAN!):

TheDeath's remix of Hydropolis has recently been accepted by the judges to be posted on OCR. Congratulations, ElDeatho!

The SoS website is now back online, and will feature preview songs, with a new track released every week or so for awhile. Enjoy the previews!

Project Progress:

As for the rest of the project, progress is a bit slow, and I have been quite lax in keeping contact with a good number of you guys who aren't done. Current status of Project Chaos is unknown, but I'd really like to start getting the ball rolling again a bit so we can at least be almost done with the music by the time PC rolls out (watch it come out tomorrow).

As far as recent progress, Usa has recently finished his remix of Desert Flower, and work rolls on for the Last Battle collaboration, which may possibly be one of the largest collaboration of musicians to date in a video game remix. Master Hatchet has recently come aboard and will be providing some hawt guitar licks (along with PriZm, hopefully), while zircon will be wrapping the whole thing up in a nice, tidy package of listening goodness with his mixdown and mastering skills. The addition of those two brings the total number of remixers involved up to 8, ON ONE TRACK! May seem like a lot, and you might think it'll make for some damn schizophrenic music, but it's actually coming along very nicely and I'm happy with the progress so far.

As for the songs that aren't done yet, expect some PM/IMage from me here pretty soon. Over and Oot!

The new preview is pretty tight.

There is one other thing that's going to help with the wait: Tales of the Abyss. October 10th can't come soon enough.

On an unrelated (and probably already covered somewhere else in this massive thread) note, has anybody else heard the 10th anniversary battle track from Abyss' OST? It's called Everlasting Fight, and is pretty solid if unspectacular. Both Tales of Destiny and Tales of Phantasia's battle themes were redone, along with one I didn't recognize. You can check it out here: (EDIT: Linking to copyright soundtrack files is not allowed on this site. Sorry!)

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History