Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

Hatchet, you know precisely what goes well and not in your song... looking good so far.

Fox, I think that in the collab (the bar tune) the melody is maybe a little too hard to hear in the 2nd half of the piece... but who am I to judge that. Going to listen to the Moria piece now.

By the way, has anyone heard from housethegrate already? I'm really really really looking forward to his song, but the progress list doesn't give me much hope. I mean, he HAS the most rock-classed song from the game (probably the best song)... Please give me some good faith ;)

EDIT: WOw... The Moria ReMix is great! First the normal tune, then the jazz, then the distorted and then a little techno... and it all has one continiuing feeling to it: good job man. And about being nuts because of the tune, everyone had that moment after getting to be bottom level of the Gallery and then had to go back up. I can only imagine how crazy you must be after attempting to actually remixing it! :P

By the way, has anyone heard from housethegrate already? I'm really really really looking forward to his song, but the progress list doesn't give me much hope. I mean, he HAS the most rock-classed song from the game (probably the best song)... Please give me some good faith ;)

I've been talking to house, so don't worry about him; I know he'll get the track completed. He has a few other songs for other projects that he's gotta work on, too. Plus he just moved recently. But he'll be in. ;)

EDIT: WOw... The Moria ReMix is great! First the normal tune, then the jazz, then the distorted and then a little techno... and it all has one continiuing feeling to it: good job man. And about being nuts because of the tune, everyone had that moment after getting to be bottom level of the Gallery and then had to go back up. I can only imagine how crazy you must be after attempting to actually remixing it! :P

It's like making a lemonade with... with... mixed gummy! =P

Ok, it's a pretty damn hard song to remix in my opinion! =)

UPDATE

We are now two weeks from the first WIP deadline of the Summoning of Spirits project. The level of work thus far has been amazing, and most of the remixers seem extremely focused on getting this project completed. At this point, there are 20 mixers that haven't submitted a WIP yet, which is about half of those involved with the project (there are 40 songs, and 36 remixers). That is extremely good progress, so keep up the great work, guys!

For this date, I'm still expecting 15 remixers to send me WIPs (check the "Post-Planning Stage" list on the status post to see if you're there). You may have noticed a few that are exempt from the date, due to things that are beyond anyones control, and some that are currently in "Pending" status. If you're one of the 15 that I'm expecting a mix from, but don't feel that you'll be able to get something in by the date, feel free to contact me; I'm open to discussion and negotiations that can work to our benefit. If you haven't started yet, PLEASE DO SO! If I come to you and you say that you have absolutely nothing for the song, then you may possibly be removed. At this point, ANY WIP IS FINE! Just send me SOMETHING!

Also, if it's been awhile since I've heard from you, please try to contact me (if I don't contact you first) and let me know what your progress is, whether you've submitted a WIP or not. Some people I need to hear from:

CC Ricers

Ichitootah

Master Link

On a side note, I may be conducting a chatroom meeting for coordinators and remixers to participate in sometime after the due date, but that's just an idea for now.

Other than that, I don't have much else. Keep sending me those WIPs, folks! Show me what you have!

I just want to urge all of the project remixers who are currently not registered and regularly checking the project forums to please do so. There are a few important announcements and some discussion there that you're missing out on. It's not absolutely imperative, but it is strongly recommended that you take a look and register so you can participate in the discussion of the project.

OMG TRI-RI-RI-RIPLE POST!

Cross-posted from the project forums:

Whoooooa! SoS made it to the radio! Seriously!

For those of you who frequent OCR, you might be familiar with VGDJ, the official OCR Podcast (you can learn more about Podcasting at their site). In the latest incarnation of the show (which would be #010 =P), our very own Kureejii Lea gets on Arcanas case regarding his remix live on the air, and also provides some insight on the status of the project. It's nothing we don't already know, but it's great to hear nonetheless. Special thanks to Rayza and Aurora for mentioning us several times (check shows #008 and #003 for other mentions), and to Lea and Arcana for saying horrible, mean, and nasty (yet true!) things about the project live on the air. Check it out!

THREE DAYS LEFT!

You have until 11:59 PM on Monday (based on your local time, so you'll have all day Monday to work) to submit me a WIP. If I'm not around on AIM or MSN, either send me a PM with a link to your file hosted somewhere on the web, or email the file as an attachment to talesproject@gmail.com. Remember that I'd still like to hear WIPs from those that have already submitted one too, so if you've made progress, let me know.

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History