Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

If you're expecting realistic orchestral arrangements, then you're probably gonna be disappointed with the rest of the songs on the project, as they're mostly done in various styles of rock. The majority of them being country and southern rock style with vocals. But mostly country. Think Shania Twain and Keith Urban. That's kinda what we're going for here.

But yeah, what I've heard sounds great so far!

Hahahahahaha. I would actually LOVE to hear something done in southern rock style on this project.

We are actually covering a wide variety of styles with this project, though Hale is right in that the dominant one is along the lines of varying forms of rock. However, there are some incredible straight-up orchestral arrangements from Christian Pacaud, TheDeath, Usa, and Hemophiliac (and some others that I'm probably forgetting) that are certainly epic movie score-worthy. One of them has even already been accepted by the OCR judge's panel. Since you are curious, XG, I will send you a link to a track for you to hear.

If you're expecting realistic orchestral arrangements, then you're probably gonna be disappointed with the rest of the songs on the project, as they're mostly done in various styles of rock.

Are we talking rock arrangements a la Black Mages?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I think we'll try this due date thing again. I apologize for not being around; I've been working at a new job for the last several weeks, so I haven't been putting forth much effort in contacting lately. Also I'm having to work the closing shift at work, so I'm working at the time the rest of you are probably at home. :P

Here's what I want to do.

For those that have new song assignments (as in, not reworking previously complete material): WIP OR NEW UPDATES TO CURRENT WIP DUE AUGUST 26th

PriZm Plear, Dr. Draw, & Dhsu - Fighting of the Spirit

pu_freak - Triumph (Royal Treatment)

Andy Jayne - Raising a Curtain

Hemophiliac - Tales of Symphonia

Hemophiliac, Master Hatchet - Last Battle (Vinheim's Key)

Monobrow - Standing the Pain

For those reworking otherwise previously complete material: FINISHED REWORKS DUE SEPTEMBER 6th

The Joker - Freeze (Cold Memory)

LuIzA & CarboHydroM - Fatalize (Strike of the Devil's Axes)

Master Hatchet - Like a Glint of Light (At the Gates of Hell)

Sixto Sounds - Raine's Theme (Chaotic Heart)

Last chance: ALL SONGS DUE SEPTEMBER 31st

September 31st isn't the final release date, by the way. But it won't be long after then.

Only CptPicard can say that.

And looking at the track list once again I notice the absence of both Vigorous Town and Harmonious Moment and am reminded of how sad this makes me.

Harmonious Moment was on the list at one point if I remember correctly, but like some other songs, was removed in an attempt to expedite the projects' completion (which of course, has failed miserably :-P).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History