Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History

KyleJCrb

Hi again! The sigs look great, nice and mystical. Great job Lea! I just wanted to ask, is it just me or do the nice pretty sigs not link properly to this thread? I've so far clicked the Luna and Raine sigs and I get an OCR login screen. So I login and then it says the thread I'm looking for doesn't exist.

One more thing, YAY!!!

*throws out baskets of flowers of support and does a silly little dance* :D

I like your rules addition very much, maybe I will pick up another song after finishing my first one. But it leaves one question open. If someome who is not yet listed wants to do a remix for the project and everything is taken already, what happens then?

Edit: WIP 2 of my contribution here

As I explained in the first post of this thread, more than one person is able to claim a song. The song that ultimately makes it onto the project, out of the multiple remixes of the same track, will be decided on by myself and Lea. If our opinions either conflict or we agree that both of the remixes are good, we will put forth a voting procedure in which the people who are involved with the project will decide which version of the song will be on the final product (the voting is the likely scenario). In the case of a person who has claimed both a track currently listed and an alternate unlisted track going up against someone else; the alternate track will still be put on the project, regardless of the outcome of the coordinator/voter decision on the listed track.

I hope that makes sense. I just woke up. :P

EDIT: YES! Welcome to the project, Gray! :)

EDIT 2: Teliskopic; try clicking mine again. I just changed the link.

hi folks

i`m silas and as usa already mentioned, i`d like to claim the song keen-edged blade. it`s the first time I claim a song from someone else and, actually, it`s not my style at all, but I`m really looking forward to this.. cu

Still looking for people? What are your minimum qualifications? The reason I ask is because I'm a noob and I'd hate to be a liability on the quality of the project when it's completed. If I'm allowed to choose a theme, I'd probably consider doing "Martel" from ToP. In any case let me know if you think I'm up to standard. (Also, if anyone else with a proven track record wants to take the track, you should let them so as not to compromise the outcome).

Unfortunately, I won't be able to start any WIPs until June 19 (after the OCR Idol due date) but that's still long before the August 1 date.

I'm also one of those who has never completed either game, so I'd be composing from... well, with no predisposed notions.

Hey Arcana,

We're open to having anybody on the project, regardless of experience. Part of the idea behind this project is to help each other, so don't be afraid to contact myself, Lea, or anybody else involved (or even not involved) for their input, opinions, and/or feelings on what you're working on. We will help those with less experience to polish their tracks and hopefully make the songs something the arranger can be proud of when they're finished. :)

I've also added silas to the list. Welcome!

Well, I'll try to lay something down way in advance of the deadline so I can get some feedback, or possibly some collaborative help.

Also, the theme I chose is rather minimalistic, so I have a bit more room. Is the track order set in stone? (also, I am presuming we have a total length for the CD). One thing I'm concerned about is that my track is currently the last on the CD... but let me work on it and see if it's in fact worthy of that position.

Thanks!

Well, I'll try to lay something down way in advance of the deadline so I can get some feedback, or possibly some collaborative help.

Also, the theme I chose is rather minimalistic, so I have a bit more room. Is the track order set in stone? (also, I am presuming we have a total length for the CD). One thing I'm concerned about is that my track is currently the last on the CD... but let me work on it and see if it's in fact worthy of that position.

Thanks!

The track order is pretty much set, though it may change slightly at any time. With the new rule we put into place earlier, and with PriZm planning on a 12 minute orchestral progressive rock piece for Final Destination, it's looking more and more like this will be a 4-CD set... :lol:, so the length isn't really a factor. Some people mentioned that having Martel's theme as the last track of the Phantasia part will be difficult for the mixer on it, since it's so short and minimalistic. If that turns out to be the case, we can make some adjustments. I think you can handle it, though. ;)

A 4CD Set! That's pretty cool.

Just to let you know, my remix will be of considerable length as well. The form is looking to work out to at least 7 minutes right now, and will probably get longer. Something tells me XMark's Sylphis mix will be pretty long too.

It's gonna be a loooong album.

The track order is pretty much set, though it may change slightly at any time. With the new rule we put into place earlier, and with PriZm planning on a 12 minute orchestral progressive rock piece for Final Destination, it's looking more and more like this will be a 4-CD set... :lol:, so the length isn't really a factor. Some people mentioned that having Martel's theme as the last track of the Phantasia part will be difficult for the mixer on it, since it's so short and minimalistic. If that turns out to be the case, we can make some adjustments. I think you can handle it, though. ;)

Damn it, I got suX0rred. :D

I'm planning to perhaps incorporate another theme in there and use the basis of the theme as background... I'm listening to the rest of the soundtrack to see if there are good recurring main themes that would fit into it. Even then, a minimalistic theme is probably not such a bad thing to work with, because then it gives me an excuse not to have a large, bombastic, dramatic track with tons of production and stuff. ;)

Usa, I'll see if i can burn your WIP to disc and listen to it tomorrow sometime. I'm often interested in seeing how you come along ^^

And yeah, I know this is a little bit off-topic here, but I really want to release something at VGMix on Sunday, however I don't know what to put forward. >.< I have my first 2 WIPs at VGMix and my DoD entry to choose from; they'll eventually get released over the summer, but I can't decide what to put out there first. Major bummer. :whatevaa:

That aside, even though I am in an unstable state to work on music over the summer I've still been able to send the Fighting of the Spirit closing track towards Kyle a few weeks back. And now, I've been able to extract a portion of the recording and render a demo of what I've done to share with the masses.

And yeah... all these prog-like tracks have made it fitting for longer mixes than the usual. But hey, thank goodness virt isn't involved or we'd have a 40-minute rendition of The Law of the Battle. :lol:

Usa, I'll see if i can burn your WIP to disc and listen to it tomorrow sometime. I'm often interested in seeing how you come along ^^

And yeah, I know this is a little bit off-topic here, but I really want to release something at VGMix on Sunday, however I don't know what to put forward. >.< I have my first 2 WIPs at VGMix and my DoD entry to choose from; they'll eventually get released over the summer, but I can't decide what to put out there first. Major bummer. :whatevaa:

That aside, even though I am in an unstable state to work on music over the summer I've still been able to send the Fighting of the Spirit closing track towards Kyle a few weeks back. And now, I've been able to extract a portion of the recording and render a demo of what I've done to share with the masses.

And yeah... all these prog-like tracks have made it fitting for longer mixes than the usual. But hey, thank goodness virt isn't involved or we'd have a 40-minute rendition of The Law of the Battle. :lol:

Wait, wait, wait...Would that be a bad thing? :P

PS: Release GT! =P

Let's just all be friends! VGMix and OCRemix, walking hand-in-hand down the road towards the sunset. Lovely.

Heh, I think most of the animosity has been diminished. There's probably still a little bit around, but not enough to make a big impact on the community.

And on that note: Come on, people! We only need 3 more to fill this out, and really get the remixing stage under way.

Also, just a small reminder for everyone: Please review the rules on the front page. Not that anybody is breaking them or anything; there have just been a few new additions to them, such as this:

When your song is finished, you must provide a full, raw .WAV file of it. This will ensure maximum quality for the CD torrent when the project is released. (MP3s will be made available on the website)

Thanks!

This projects intrigues *sp* me greatly. I am in love with the ToS soundtrack, and with that love comes a devotion!

Kyle sir, I wish to participate in this glorious colaboration! I shall create a "symphonic" remix of Walking on Tethe Alla. I know it sounds orchestrated already, but I shall clean it up and make it sound better than before! I hope you accept my request to participate.

This projects intrigues *sp* me greatly. I am in love with the ToS soundtrack, and with that love comes a devotion!

Kyle sir, I wish to participate in this glorious colaboration! I shall create a "symphonic" remix of Walking on Tethe Alla. I know it sounds orchestrated already, but I shall clean it up and make it sound better than before! I hope you accept my request to participate.

EDIT: For anyone that needs a "source" to create their remix from, PWN3D has every ToS song that you would need. If this link breaks any sort of rule in these forums, mod please "mod" this portion of my post.

Hey Arek,

We would love to have you as part of the project, but unfortunately, it seems you've overlooked a tiny detail; as cool as it would be, we're not covering every single song from both of these games. On the first page, there's a list of specific songs that are available to remix for this project, but "Walking on Tethe'alla" isn't one of them. :(

However, not all hope is lost quite yet! You'll notice in the first post that there is a certain "rule" that will be going into effect shortly. This rule will allow those who have claimed one song currently on the list to choose another track of their choice (that is not listed) from either game. Luckily for you, a couple songs are still open, so please read and understand the rules on the first page fully, and we'll gladly have you on board. :)

And yeah, the linking to those kinds of sites is frowned upon.

Alright, let's try something here. ON-THE-FLY RULE CREATION!

Lea and I just discussed this, and I think it's something that could make the people who want to do a track not listed on the project right now happy. What we've come up with is this: If you have already claimed or are planning to claim ONE song (those who currently have two tracks selected are exempt from this) for this project, then, once the track list is completely filled and all of the current tracks are claimed, we will allow you to choose ONE extra song not currently listed to remix for the project. If you decide that you can't do the extra track, it will be removed completely, with no chance of getting picked up by anybody else. This rule will go not go into effect until all of the main tracks listed are claimed by at least one person; reason being that we want to get what currently have filled up first, before we start adding things. Hopefully this might convince some of you to try and get some other people on board to fill up the list. Also, you must guarantee that you will ABSOLUTELY finish both of the tracks.

We're not trying to declare open season on the entire soundtracks of both of these games. This is just a compromise we have decided to make for those who wanted to do something that's not currently listed. One of our goals with this project is to still keep it maintainable and reasonable. We don't want to get overly ambitious.

Is this fair?

Fuckin' sweet. Oh yeah, and I'll send you my first demo right once I get it uploaded.

• Liontamer changed the title to Tales series: Summoning of Spirits - History