OCR02311 - Chrono Cross "Improvisation on a Moment Seized by Time"

djpretzel

Yesss!!! I haven't even listened to it yet, but I love this source track so much.

And upon listening, I am in a state of constant chills. Thanks DrumUltimA, I've tended to be a fan of your stuff, and this is certainly a fantastic rendition of such a haunting beautiful piece.

p.s. Did you post a video of you improvising on this on youtube a while back?

Edited by Inserio

Yesss!!! I haven't even listened to it yet, but I love this source track so much.

And upon listening, I am in a state of constant chills. Thanks DrumUltimA, I've tended to be a fan of your stuff, and this is certainly a fantastic rendition of such a haunting beautiful piece.

p.s. Did you post a video of you improvising on this on youtube a while back?

Yes, I did! You can find that here:

Thanks a bunch, guys! This track really does hold a special place in my heart; glad I had the opportunity to share it with you all!

This song for me, too, is the standout track of Chrono Cross. I love the whole OST to death, but this song is the one I think of the most, even though I must have last played through it almost a decade ago now. What an amazing song that made such an amazing, and tragic scene. I definitely teared up.

I'm really glad someone took on this song. Great work.

This is an excellent piece, and I believe it does a good job of stirring up all kinds of memories within someone's heart. When I was going through my music library to pick out music for my wedding, this was a standout piece that I wanted everybody to hear before the wedding itself took place. So while it was background music pre-ceremony, it was a part of my wedding, and was intentionally the one right before the bridal party entered. So this song is now connected with wonderful memories for me.

Oh man, I know exactly what you mean about getting hit with a brick when this first plays. I haven't seen this part in ten years and yet I think I can still picture the sunset and the bell from Leene Square, with the ghosts of Crono and crew running around...

Anyway, very nice homage to that moment, and others we've lost. Some of Mitsuda's tunes are absolutely made for nostalgia, and I say it's okay to indulge in that from time to time. Thanks for giving us a fresh way to do so.

I think I've played Chrono Cross maybe 5 to 6 times now, and that moment- the fight with Miguel and all it's implications, the mere ghosts of memories forever doomed to see the future but never continue into it, the everlong battle between those resigned to their fates and those who yet defy it. I can recall every single detail, poignant as they were, of that scene. It was one of (four now- MGS3/4 and Valkyria Chronicles being the others) scenes in a video game that made me cry.

This piece takes me all the way back once more.

Mitsuda's work on Chrono Cross is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of VG music compositions. While one may argue that some games have more technically complex songs or one or two really BIG songs, every piece in CC's collection has emotional attachment and the ability to transcend the location it frames. Your remix has that same quality, and for that I applaud you.

Ever since I first got it back in 2003 I've been using the Chrono Cross OST as my constant source background music for doing schoolwork (17 times through so far this semester). This remix, however, is just too beautiful to use in that fashion. It causes one cease all else that he is doing and listen.

• 1 month later...

This song starts out slow, but picks up eventually and winds down. It feels stretched out IMO and would have a better effect if condensed IMO, although this is an improv. I don't have too much else to say about it to be honest, it's a bit of a simple arrangement & pretty straightforward as far as songs go. I think it loses a lot of its heavy feel that the original has and doesn't endear as strongly as it, partly due to how long it is without enough variance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Ah, man, solo-pianos always get to me when beautifully played, and this one is gorgeous as DJP said. The emotion carried through this song is pretty powerful, and if I was invested in anything Chrono, I might have felt it even more. Honestly, I really don't know what else I can possibly say other than that for an ReMix on the keys, this is exceptional.

• 11 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02311 - Chrono Cross "Improvisation on a Moment Seized by Time"