Eternal Fantasy (Mashup)

Hello all,

School has started and I'm now in a Music Technology class (basics of sound recording, and using programs such as Audacity and Pro Tools later on in the semester). I had an assignment to pick several source tracks that share a theme and edit them together into one piece.

This is not a ReMix, it's a mashup (and I know this is a ReMixing website) of Final Fantasy music (my theme!).

http://soundcloud.com/darren-schwinghamer/eternal-fantasy-1

I'm just hoping I can get some feedback on the transitions and effects used to make it sound interesting.

Thanks a lot!

Darren

I thought the finisher was pretty cool. Some interesting track selection too, I liked that. I was hoping some of the music would intertwine, or be repeated somehow in the next melody. The transitions were smooth enough, some seemed more abrupt than others. For example the music fade out after the first clock ticking, probably could have taken it's time. The clock sounds could have had a longer echo added to them before put in the mix to stretch between ticks and combat the silence.

Thank you, I definitely agree with your idea of echoing the clock ticking. I do find it's too silent between the ticks. As for the intertwining, I was originally trying to do that, but found that changing the tempo of pieces so that they are at the same tempo ruins the pitches more than I can bear (using Audacity in any case). Thank you very much for the quick response!